• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richt Out at UGA?

The only thing more pussy than Richt is the weak-ass schedule they played this year. That whole division is a joke.

Are you kidding me? UGA played their conference games as scheduled (no choice on those), Boise State, Georgia Tech and two creampuffs (Coastal Carolina and NM State)

The Fire TOB'ers at State want Richt.

Would really suck if he went to Chapel Hill. I hate the goats more than anything...but have nothing against Roy. Would feel similarly if Richt ended up there.

As for State, not a huge difference btw TOB and Richt.

I would venture to guess that UGA gets more hate on this board than any other college not named UNC or Duke.

Outside of the ACC, we hate on South Carolina and Ohio State just as much. The backlash against Kanhojiangre probably puts West Virginia at the top.

Are you kidding me? UGA played their conference games as scheduled (no choice on those), Boise State, Georgia Tech and two creampuffs (Coastal Carolina and NM State)

Does any of this mean that their schedule wasn't weak this year? C'mon man. Even the average clueless UGA fan acknowledges they had an easy road to the title game. The stars aligned just right... along with some very convenient suspensions.:rolleyes:

As for the UGA hate on this board, they're little more than the UNC of the SEC, just in different colors. Every year their fanbase is convinced they're going to win the title and every year, after some dumb letdowns, they make a little run and their fans start thinking they could beat the Packers and that Richt is a the greatest thing since the other favorite around UGA: the Miranda warning.

Does any of this mean that their schedule wasn't weak this year? C'mon man. Even the average clueless UGA fan acknowledges they had an easy road to the title game. The stars aligned just right... along with some very convenient suspensions.:rolleyes:

As for the UGA hate on this board, they're little more than the UNC of the SEC, just in different colors. Every year their fanbase is convinced they're going to win the title and every year, after some dumb letdowns, they make a little run and their fans start thinking they could beat the Packers and that Richt is a the greatest thing since the other favorite around UGA: the Miranda warning.

Richt has only beaten UF 1 time (2007, going into it UF was the favorite) when he wasn't supposed to. Most telling stat to me.

South Carolina didn't play Alabama or LSU either. So in an odd twist of fate the two top finishers in the SEC east played conference schedules of approximately the same difficulty. SC did play at Arkansas, but without their starting backfield they didn't have a chance.

I like Richt. Appears to run a relatively clean program and represents UGA in a classy manner. I've never heard or seen anything to make me dislike him as a coach or as a man. Now, one might dislike UGA, but Richt? Really?

The only thing more pussy than Richt is the weak-ass schedule they played this year. That whole division is a joke.

Richt is a pussy? You couldn't hold a candle to what this man has done.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I would venture to guess that UGA gets more hate on this board than any other college not named UNC or Duke.

On this board? Really? I hardly see UGA mentioned here. Boise State is discussed quite a bit, as is Penn State at the moment. But UGA? Not even close.

More like the Clemson of the SEC.

I like Richt. Appears to run a relatively clean program and represents UGA in a classy manner. I've never heard or seen anything to make me dislike him as a coach or as a man. Now, one might dislike UGA, but Richt? Really?

I agree with this.

More like the Clemson of the SEC.

Clemson as far as underachieving, UNC as far as Walmart fans. UGA fans talk a big game, but have trouble backing it up. They have one national championship, and Georgia Tech has had one since UGA got their only one.

I agree with this.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/uga-football-arrests-2008-601205.html

UGA football arrests: 2008-2010

Justin Anderson, OL -- Simple battery

Donavon Baldwin, CB -- DUI, improper driving

Clint Boling, OL -- Suspicion of DUI

Jeff Henson, LS -- Public intoxication, urinating in public

Michael Lemon, DE -- Aggravated battery

Jeremy Lomax, DE -- Speeding, possession of a concealed weapon

Fred Munzenmaier, FB -- Underage possession of alcohol, being a pedestrian walking in the roadway

Trinton Sturdivant, OL -- Simple battery

Vince Vance, OL -- Driving without a valid driver's license

Brandon Wood, DT -- DUI

Vance Cuff, CB -- Driving a motor scooter on a sidewalk with a suspended license

Jonathan Owens, OL -- Driving a motorcycle without a valid license

Montez Robinson, DE -- Simple battery, criminal damage/second degree

Montez Robinson, DE -- Underage possession of alcohol

Vince Vance, OL -- Driving without a valid license

Trent Dittmer, P -- Public intoxication

Washaun Ealey, RB -- Hit and run of a parked vehicle, driving with a suspended license

Dontavius Jackson, RB -- DUI, underage possession of alcohol, following too closely, leaving the scene of an accident, violation of the move-over law, violation of a learner's permit

Tavarres King, WR -- Underage possession of alcohol

Jordan Love, CB -- Obstruction of a law enforcement officer

Zach Mettenberger, QB -- Sexual battery

Josh Parrish, OL -- Underage possession of alcohol, possession of false identification

Montez Robinson, LB -- Simple battery/family violence

Demetre Baker, LB -- DUI, underage possession of alcohol and improper driving

Alec Ogletree, S -- Theft by taking (misdemeanor)

Last edited:
Back