• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richt Out at UGA?

The longer the Gamecocks stay relevant, the harder time Richt will have. Spurrier has basically closed off the state to the Dogs and everyone else as the last 4 Mr Footballs have gone to USC followed by a lot of the other state's talent. Clemson gets some but Dabo seems to concentrate on FL more. If USC doesn't lose to Auburn this year (and they should not have), UGA loses the East and I'll bet Richt would lose his job.

Assuming Georgia beats Georgia Tech, Richt will have won ten straight games. Pretty difficult to fire a coach on that kind of win streak and get somebody better. that's the type of thing Alabama would do with the Curry/Stallings maneuver when Curry went 10-2, tied for first in the SEC, and lost the Sugar Bowl to a great Miami team. Did I mention that Curry's only regular season loss was to Auburn (lost final two games of the season)?

But I think the sun will set on USC's relevance. Their next coaching hire is the most important in the history of their football program, now that they have reached some semblance of consistent respectability.

Assuming Georgia beats Georgia Tech, Richt will have won ten straight games. Pretty difficult to fire a coach on that kind of win streak and get somebody better. that's the type of thing Alabama would do with the Curry/Stallings maneuver when Curry went 10-2, tied for first in the SEC, and lost the Sugar Bowl to a great Miami team. Did I mention that Curry's only regular season loss was to Auburn (lost final two games of the season)?

But I think the sun will set on USC's relevance. Their next coaching hire is the most important in the history of their football program, now that they have reached some semblance of consistent respectability.

If the right coach is hired down in Columbia in the coming years, they will be relevant for some time. Its very similar to what Barry Alvarez did in turning Wisconsin into a perenial contender or going from winning 3-5 games a year to winning 8-10. I think Mark Dantonio from Mich St would be a great hire for USC as he spent some time there and probably has taken MSU about as ar as they can go.

If the right coach is hired down in Columbia in the coming years, they will be relevant for some time. Its very similar to what Barry Alvarez did in turning Wisconsin into a perenial contender or going from winning 3-5 games a year to winning 8-10. I think Mark Dantonio from Mich St would be a great hire for USC as he spent some time there and probably has taken MSU about as ar as they can go.

I agree with this, South Carolina has finally gotten over the hump it seems and is a perenial top 25 program. I think it took Spurrier a while to figure out that he didn't have Florida talent anymore. USC's rise and Alabama getting off probabation have really hurt Georgia. It also helps that South Carolina is producing a lot more football talent than they used to. I read a few years ago that part of it was due to a baby boom post-Hugo. They don't have to rely on poaching players from Georgia or Florida anymore to field a respectable team. In fact, it seems like they poach most of North Carolina's blue chip talent. However, in Richt's favor is that Tennessee has been down considerably the past few seasons, so he doesn't have to worry about them stealing blue chip players as much as in the past.

I am laughing at the thought that Georgia needs the state of South Carolina for recruiting.

Hint: They don't.

I am laughing at the thought that Georgia needs the state of South Carolina for recruiting.

Hint: They don't.

Yeah, I'm sure Mark Richt had no interest whatsoever in Marcus Lattimore, Alshon Jeffrey, & Jadavian Clowney when they were srs. at their respective SC high schools.

1. Bobo and Dooley have .0001% chance at the job.

2. Marshall is coming to Athens.

3. Mark Richt will be the Georgia HC next season.

4. I've always thought he would leave prematurely, but like 5-7 years down the road on his own.

Looks like I'm right folks.

Marshall's committed to Georgia.

No matter who he recruits, Richt still won't be able to compete on the level of the powers-that-be in the SEC.

You heard it here first.

No matter who he recruits, Richt still won't be able to compete on the level of the powers-that-be in the SEC.

You heard it here first.

You might be right.

October 6th's trip to Tuscaloosa will be a nice measuring stick for CMR.

And so long Crowell, he was clearly never mentally ready for college ball.

Why is Crowell leaving?

Apparently he's quit going to class.

He's a bit of a headcase, has had everything handed to him on a silver platter in life and now that he's in big boy football he can't handle the pressure.

I was impressed that he attempted to play hurt, but he's got a lot of growing up to do.

I think a redshirt year would do him wonders but he'll never do that. He'll transfer to Jax State or someplace rando.

All the UGA puppies at the SEC Champ game were crying and also saying that his grades were shit and he had played his last down at UGA.

That all appears to be true. But no one was crying and you know that damn good and well because you scored beers from two different UGA tailgates after the game.

I have hard time time believing that Florida, Tennessee and Georgia will stay down long enough for South Carolina to be a Top 25 team year in year out.

Crowell was at IHOP at 4am Saturday morning the same day they played LSU. If Richt had another option he would have kicked him off the team then but he sold himself to the devil a few years ago to take any type of recruit to save his job. No way Crowell would have even been offered if not for desperation.

Crowell was at IHOP at 4am Saturday morning the same day they played LSU. If Richt had another option he would have kicked him off the team then but he sold himself to the devil a few years ago to take any type of recruit to save his job. No way Crowell would have even been offered if not for desperation.

Good point, who knew Caleb King and Ealey would both fail out of school?

Lets not forget, Jordan Jefferson was in a frickin bar fight this year, yet he's about to QB LSU to the Nat Championship.

Crowell is straight up dumb as a stick! Did you hear him talk during signing day!?....HOLY SH&*!! I actually felt bad for the kid

Stoneville how do you feel about your post with the knowledge that FSU also offered Mr. Crowell? At least according to Rivals/Scouts.

Back