• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Here's wishing The Big Man a successful recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to be a Springsteen "fan" to know The Big man. all you have had to do is to have seen the band or read anything about them. Clarence is a key piece that has never changed.

Seriously?

I guess you guys are <25.

FIFY

After our age group, I really dont think many of the younger groups know him. I'll admit, I even had to look up his name after I heard it on the radio this morning. If they'd said The Big Man, it'd been easier.

Have never seen Bruce, but have seen Clarence Clemons (one m only) twice. Once with the Grateful Dead on 12/31/88 and then again with the Jerry Garcia Band on 6/13/90.

Thoughts with you big man.

Last edited:
Have never seen Bruce, but have seen Clarence Clemoms (one m only) twice. Once with the Grateful Dead on 12/31/88 and then again with the Jerry Garcia Band on 6/13/90.

Thoughts with you big man.

:D

There. Everyone day has now been made better. You're welcome.

Get well soon, Big Man.

There. Everyone day has now been made better. You're welcome.

Get well soon, Big Man.

I know that Clemens is in the E Street Band, but this song is the first thing I thought of when I read the thread topic.

I wonder if RJ was there when the Big Man and Jackson Brown gang-banged Darryl Hannah?

Not that night.....but Darryl was with me earlier that afternoon.

Sometimes it's okay to be ignorant.

Sometimes it can be cool to feign ignorance.

Sometimes it's just better to google something and keep your mouth shut rather than put your ignorance on display.

Sometimes it's okay to be ignorant.

Sometimes it can be cool to feign ignorance.

Sometimes it's just better to google something and keep your mouth shut rather than put your ignorance on display.

I have next to no interest in anything this guy has done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

There are a multitude of different famous people around the world of which I have no clue, but does that make me ignorant? Hardly.

I have next to no interest in anything this guy has done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

There are a multitude of different famous people around the world of which I have no clue, but does that make me ignorant? Hardly.

On the whole, of course it doesn't make you an ignorant person. But certainly you'd admit that you're ignorant of who he is and what he does. In fact, that's what you just said.

It doesn't bother me that you don't know who he is, although he's definitely pretty famous. And that's why I said it would be something you would just google and not comment on.

Back