• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

On the whole, of course it doesn't make you an ignorant person. But certainly you'd admit that you're ignorant of who he is and what he does. In fact, that's what you just said.

It doesn't bother me that you don't know who he is, although he's definitely pretty famous. And that's why I said it would be something you would just google and not comment on.

I'd say that being innocently ignorant and being called ignorant are two different things.

Sometimes it's okay to be ignorant.

Sometimes it can be cool to feign ignorance.

Sometimes it's just better to google something and keep your mouth shut rather than put your ignorance on display.

+1. Who the fuck doesn't know who Clarence Clemons is?

That's debatable. To me the word ignorant covers the following three conditions:

blithely ignorant
Just not knowing something ignorant
willfully ignorant

The one in the middle is the most acceptable one to me. There are plenty of things that i know, yet I'm nearly totally ignorant of the specifics of Dutch colonialism in Africa. I understand why you might look at it as insulting, but it's really not in my view and said in my first post that, "Sometimes it's okay to be ignorant." It just gives you a chance to find something out.

Okay so I just googled Clarence Carter. I looked at the pictures, read the results, and clicked on a couple of the links and read them. Somehow I still have no idea who Clarence Carter is. Is there something wrong with me?

More people than you'd expect, I'd bet.

I hope not, he pretty much spans all demographics. I'll go on record and say that any adult American who does not know who Clarence Clemons is should be either deported or shot in the face.

Okay so I just googled Clarence Carter. I looked at the pictures, read the results, and clicked on a couple of the links and read them. Somehow I still have no idea who Clarence Carter is. Is there something wrong with me?

Only if you ever expect to be Strokin'.

What is it with you and Clarences? Do you even know anybody named Clarence? Racist!!!

I hope not, he pretty much spans all demographics. I'll go on record and say that any adult American who does not know who Clarence Clemons is should be either deported or shot in the face.

Clarence Clemons really isn't all that relevant to the under 25 crowd.

Only if you ever expect to be Strokin'.

What is it with you and Clarences? Do you even know anybody named Clarence? Racist!!!

thomas.jpg

One of my favorite sax players... His solo on born to run is legendary.

Clarence Clemons really isn't all that relevant to the under 25 crowd.

Then that shows that either:

(a) the American ideal is truly dead and buried; or
(b) the under 25 crowd is a bunch of morons

Either way, as a country, we are fucked. He should be most relevant to the under 25 crowd.

Report to the county fairgrounds for re-education.

I have a cursory knowledge of who he is via Bruce, but I just wouldn't expect a lot of people under 25 to know who he is. Certainly not enough to say that anyone that doesn't should be 'deported or shot in the face', however tongue in cheek that statement was.

Either way, as a country, we are fucked. He should be most relevant to the under 25 crowd.

Why should he be relevant to the under 25 crowd? Do tell.

Lol. Please continue with the ridiculous hyperbole.

Or just explain to me why the American Ideal is dead if a large segment of the under-25 crowd isn't familiar with the life and times of one musician (who was best known for his work with other headlining musicians, it seems)

Back