• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

For what? There are thousands of incredibly talented musicians; you can't expose your children to them all.

Of course not, but not all of those musicians have played on iconic albums over a 25 year stretch which include some incredible songs. And most of those children have heard Clarence Clemons play on the radio or elsewhere, they just don't realize it.

Of course not, but not all of those musicians have played on iconic albums over a 25 year stretch which include some incredible songs. And most of those children have heard Clarence Clemons play on the radio or elsewhere, they just don't realize it.

You can be familiar with Bruce Springsteen's work, thematically and musically, and not know who the backing band members are, no matter how famous they are relative to other backing band members.

I am so sick of this racist thread.

DARROWCL.jpg

Everyone has heard Clarence and even his name before - you can't be alive in America and not have the Springsteen version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

You guys all been good
And practicing real hard
Clarence, you been
Rehearsing real hard
So Santa will bring you
A new saxophone

Everyone has heard Clarence and even his name before - you can't be alive in America and not have the Springsteen version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

You guys all been good
And practicing real hard
Clarence, you been
Rehearsing real hard
So Santa will bring you
A new saxophone

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music, but I seriously doubt that The Boss's xmas music ranks up there in terms of holiday staples.

You guys all been good
And practicing real hard
Clarence, you been
Rehearsing real hard
So Santa will bring you
A new saxophone

I may have heard this song, but I don't remember it. Nor would I every recognize or remember a random name reference in a song.

I may have heard this song, but I don't remember it. Nor would I every recognize or remember a random name reference in a song.

How about this one?

Hey Nineteen
That's 'Retha Franklin
She don't remember the Queen of Soul
It's hard times befallen
The sole survivors
She thinks I'm crazy
But I'm just growing old

Lol. Please continue with the ridiculous hyperbole.

Or just explain to me why the American Ideal is dead if a large segment of the under-25 crowd isn't familiar with the life and times of one musician (who was best known for his work with other headlining musicians, it seems)

Because the music in question is probably the most accurate articulation of the American Ideal as it pertains to adolescence/young-adulthood ever created in any form.

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music, but I seriously doubt that The Boss's xmas music ranks up there in terms of holiday staples.

I have heard that damn song 80 million times.

I wish I could forget it.

Because the music in question is probably the most accurate articulation of the American Ideal as it pertains to adolescence/young-adulthood ever created in any form.

You can be familiar with Bruce Springsteen's work, thematically and musically, and not know who the backing band members are, no matter how famous they are relative to other backing band members.

:werd::werd::werd::werd:

Polled the GF today. She had never heard of him. Same for her two roommates.

The name rang a bell, but I had no idea who he was.

Back