• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's political-1947 NYC vaccinated 6M in <1 month -Lin Wood says he's 2nd coming

With the Pubs getting rid of the mandate, they're going to have to be more creative to kill it, but I don't see it being outside the realm of reason. I think it's more likely they kill Roe and gay marriage. And my biggest fear that I mentioned in another thread is the court being willing to hear election cases this Nov-Dec. They declined hearing the PA case on a 4-4 tie. Barrett presumably would have voted to hear it. Post-election SCOTUS challenges may be aplenty.

I think you may be right, but if they do overturn gay marriage and Roe and send it "back to the states" then there will be a massive national backlash, and public support for expanding or seriously reforming the Court will increase enormously. If this Court is as far-right as Republicans hope, it could really become a major political albatross for them. People aren't going to forget losing reproductive rights and gay marriage rights, and Democrats will certainly use that against Republicans in all future elections, likely with great success. But I do think that if this Court does what Republicans hope it does (like overturning Roe) the pressure on Democrats to expand the Court will increase exponentially, and will have the support of a large majority of Americans.

I think you may be right, but if they do overturn gay marriage and Roe and send it "back to the states" then there will be a massive national backlash, and public support for expanding or seriously reforming the Court will increase enormously. If this Court is as far-right as Republicans hope, it could really become a major political albatross for them. People aren't going to forget losing reproductive rights and gay marriage rights, and Democrats will certainly use that against Republicans in all future elections, likely with great success. But I do think that if this Court does what Republicans hope it does (like overturning Roe) the pressure on Democrats to expand the Court will increase exponentially, and will have the support of a large majority of Americans.

I don't think they have to wait for Roe. I would make a small wager that within a week or two after overturning ACA, there could be a groundswell. It could be career ending for the Republicans in Congress when people's insurance rates go through the roof and millions more get kicked off coverage entirely.

People understand this. It crosses party lines and all demographic groups. If ACA is gone, expanding the Court to fifteen will be very popular.

If Trump realizes he can't do a coup, will he resign on January 19th? On January 18, he will likely pardon Flynn, Manafort, Gates and his family. If his best info is that he can't pardon himself, might he resign so that Pence can pardon him for all federal crimes committed before and during his presidency.

Remember, Trump is Person A in the Michael Cohen indictment that got his former lawyer three years in a plea deal. He's already been indicted.

Whether he thinks he could be convicted or not, he doesn't want the scene of him being arrested and booked to be carried worldwide. That would be worse to him than resigning.

If Trump realizes he can't do a coup, will he resign on January 19th? On January 18, he will likely pardon Flynn, Manafort, Gates and his family. If his best info is that he can't pardon himself, might he resign so that Pence can pardon him for all federal crimes committed before and during his presidency.

Remember, Trump is Person A in the Michael Cohen indictment that got his former lawyer three years in a plea deal. He's already been indicted.

Whether he thinks he could be convicted or not, he doesn't want the scene of him being arrested and booked to be carried worldwide. That would be worse to him than resigning.

Do a coup? Gawd, I do want what you are drinking. Then again, maybe not.

I have no doubt that Dump will throw out pardons like toilet paper before he leaves. Then spend the rest of his life crying "foul" on how he was screwed, mistreated, etc.
But after a couple of years he will simply fade into irrelevancy.
I do hope that Dems can spend the next 4-8 years getting this Country on solid footing rather than chase Dump in Court.
After all, all we've heard is how much better humans they are than the Pubs.

Trump has repeatedly said he won't accept the results of the election if he loses. He has he wouldn't allow a peaceful transition of power. By definition, that's an attempted coup. Those are Trump's own words.

So, not holding accountable for crimes he committed is a good example in your world? By the way, I think he's in a lot more trouble in NY state than in federal courts.

Here's a direct question- Trump is 100% Person A in the case that put Michael Cohen in jail. In fact, Trump is the power behind the crimes and orchestrated them. Do you think it's fair for Cohen to go to jail but not Trump? Remember many of those crimes happened before Trump was elected.

Prosecuting actual crimes = “chase in court”

Donald will do everything he can to remain in power and then he will start a media company called Trump TV to capitalize financially on his cult. I do not believe he will "fade into irrelevancy" in the next two years unless he dies. Nothing he has ever done in his life has indicated that he will either accept the actual outcome of the election if he loses or let himself fade from public consciousness. He knows what Fox News/Breitbart/right wing radio wackos have been able to create as far as a captive audience for inane conspiracy theories in their Donald obsession and he's going to try to get his money out of it too.

I can't fathom how you could know what you do about Donald's life including the last four years and believe he will somehow fade from the public spotlight. Particularly given the obsessive cult he has following him (which is roughly 35-40% of the population and well over the majority of voting Republicans)

There you go; listening to the ramblings of a defeated man, watching his political power fade before his eyes. Believe the noise if you want; ain't gong to happen, no way, no how.
Humor me; who do you think will support him not leaving the WH? I play golf with an ex real senior Military/Pentagon guy who I asked about how "it" might work.
After laughing for 10 minutes he said simply; most senior military guys hate the bastard. Nothing would give them more pleasure than physically throwing his ass out of the WH.
In other words, would never happen.

Of course if one had proof of a crime and Dump orchestrated it, prosecute . But with all Dump has been accused of, he still sits in the WH.
I mean c'mon; was the impeachment process really a "positive moment" for his Country? F' the Guy. Let him go live in the hole he came out of.

My only hope is that Dems don't spend the years "chasing" down charges that only lead to a further divisiveness that we are all hoping will be behind us.

There you go; listening to the ramblings of a defeated man, watching his political power fade before his eyes. Believe the noise if you want; ain't gong to happen, no way, no how.
Humor me; who do you think will support him not leaving the WH? I play golf with an ex real senior Military/Pentagon guy who I asked about how "it" might work.
After laughing for 10 minutes he said simply; most senior military guys hate the bastard. Nothing would give them more pleasure than physically throwing his ass out of the WH.

Of course if one had proof of a crime and Dump orchestrated it, prosecute . But with all Dump has been accused of, he still sits in the WH.
I mean c'mon; was the impeachment process really a "positive moment" for his Country? F' the Guy. Let him go live in the hole he came out of.

My only hope is that Dems don't spend the years "chasing" down charges that only lead to a further divisiveness that we are all hoping will be behind us.

He has been indicted as Person A in the Cohen case. There are multiple cases in NY state that have nothing to do with Dems "chasing" him. Should all of them be dropped?

I do wonder with all of this talk about him holding rallies and such if he actually will because he might actually have to pay for something. Now the government just foots the bill and he never pays them back, but who's gonna enforce it?

This is such BS. The GOP spends years working at dividing the country but when (if) the Dems get in power, they are suddenly all about putting divisiveness behind us.

And Mueller had lots of proof of obstruction of justice. Yet Barr was able to bury it. Trump still sits in the White House because he's untouchable while he's there, as long as he has his toady as AG and a complicit Senate.

Ok guys, have your pound of flesh. Be as vindictive and divisive as the last four years. Go for it. Spend millions chasing them all. Lock 'em up.

And people want to know why I'm "out" when it comes to politics, politicians and the voting public in general. Sad.

Ok guys, have your pound of flesh. Be as vindictive and divisive as the last four years. Go for it. Spend millions chasing them all. Lock 'em up.

And people want to know why I'm "out" when it comes to politics, politicians and the voting public in general. Sad.

so Trump and Co should just be able to get away with all of the crimes they've committed?

Let me get this straight. It's "vindictive" and "divisive" to hold someone accountable for felonies he has committed.

Is it "vindictive" to prosecute guys who rob banks? How about the people who go to jail for tax evasion?

Why is it "vindictive" to hold him accountable for felonies he committed? We aren't talking about his dictatorial misuse of the DOJ. We're talking about crimes that would put you or I in jail for years.

The difference between Trump getting his audience to say "lock em up" and prosecuting Trump is that he committed a rash of felonies versus the people he wants locked up not having committed a single crime.

With views like this it’s probably best that you’re out.

Do you know why Trump won't fade away? Because of cowards like you who put on a facade of not supporting Trump but behind the scenes you condone his politics.

Do you know why Trump won't fade away? Because of cowards like you who put on a facade of not supporting Trump but behind the scenes you condone his politics.

You know LK, I have never addressed your insults before as I typically ignore those who never have anything constructive to say. And trust me, this will be the first and only time I do with your sorry ass.

I do love guys like you who hide behind internet Boards and would never dare call someone a "coward" to their face.

So, for the record you worthless POS. Fuck you.

Yeah calling and old shitty conservative a coward to their face really isn't the big deal you make it out to be and would readily be done by LK and many others.

You know LK, I have never addressed your insults before as I typically ignore those who never have anything constructive to say. And trust me, this will be the first and only time I do with your sorry ass.

I do love guys like you who hide behind internet Boards and would never dare call someone a "coward" to their face.

So, for the record you worthless POS. Fuck you.

LK would squash you like a bug, sunshine.

Back