• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's political-1947 NYC vaccinated 6M in <1 month -Lin Wood says he's 2nd coming

I like how pops thinks he's adding anything constructive to any of this. "Be nice! Don't prosecut... I mean chase after crimes... trump may or may not have committed. My trumpublicans have enabled and hidden them while he throws fire bombs but y'all need to not follow suite. Speaking of not following suit, since mitch and the gop have, quite literally, not done any legislation work for nearly 4 years (12??) Please please don't follow their lead and pack the courts without doing the people's business. Pretty please? That would be mean. <queue the sad incredible hulk walking away music>

You know LK, I have never addressed your insults before as I typically ignore those who never have anything constructive to say. And trust me, this will be the first and only time I do with your sorry ass.

I do love guys like you who hide behind internet Boards and would never dare call someone a "coward" to their face.

So, for the record you worthless POS. Fuck you.

You clearly don't know me well. Biting my tongue in the presence of ignorance, asshattery, or even general stupidity is not one of my strong suits.

Republicans paved the way for Trump. The Republican leadership and Republican media have purposely driven away from the truth to sow division and fear in order to maintain power and concentrate wealth at the top. Trump is the perfect Republican candidate. He is not an abborition. If you have voted and continue to vote Republican, then you are culpable for the state of the nation today.

I can't believe Dems aren't playing up losing ACA and Medicare. Trump is trying to kill both of them. Biden should be spending at $15,000,000/day just on those issues in swing states.

If Trump realizes he can't do a coup, will he resign on January 19th? On January 18, he will likely pardon Flynn, Manafort, Gates and his family. If his best info is that he can't pardon himself, might he resign so that Pence can pardon him for all federal crimes committed before and during his presidency.

Remember, Trump is Person A in the Michael Cohen indictment that got his former lawyer three years in a plea deal. He's already been indicted.

Whether he thinks he could be convicted or not, he doesn't want the scene of him being arrested and booked to be carried worldwide. That would be worse to him than resigning.

I don't think Trump's ego would let him resign and be in the same category as Nixon. That wouldn't be a club he would want to join. Even though that course of action might be best for his long term future. He thinks he is invincible. He probably believes he will never be arrested.

I don't think Trump's ego would let him resign and be in the same category as Nixon. That wouldn't be a club he would want to join. Even though that course of action might be best for his long term future. He thinks he is invincible. He probably believes he will never be arrested.

He will get more ratings for his news network as a martyr who fought until the last day.

Ok guys, have your pound of flesh. Be as vindictive and divisive as the last four years. Go for it. Spend millions chasing them all. Lock 'em up.

And people want to know why I'm "out" when it comes to politics, politicians and the voting public in general. Sad.

For someone who is "out" when it comes to politics, you sure do spend a lot of time sharing opinions on the politics board.

The Supreme Court's extreme rulings on voting is a second legitimate reason to expand the Court to 15 as soon as Dems take the Senate and WH. The WI decision is a disgraceful voter suppression act and cannot be countenanced.

The Supreme Court's extreme rulings on voting is a second legitimate reason to expand the Court to 15 as soon as Dems take the Senate and WH. The WI decision is a disgraceful voter suppression act and cannot be countenanced.

Go for it; just remember what will happen the next time the Pubs come back in power.
While granted it may be 2028 but hey, they’ll load that Court with so many judges you’ll need to move it to the local IKEA so it’ll hold everybody.

Go for it; just remember what will happen the next time the Pubs come back in power.
While granted it may be 2028 but hey, they’ll load that Court with so many judges you’ll need to move it to the local IKEA so it’ll hold everybody.

They will do that the next time there is a lib majority, regardless of whether Biden expands the court or not. If they don't, it will be because they have the same 6-3 majority and they won't have to.

They caused this themselves. First, McConnell refused to fill over 120 federal seats while Obama was POTUS. Then, he broke with 240 years of precedent and refused to seat Garland. When Trump won they filled the federal courts with many lifetime appointments who were rated as "unqualified" which had not been done. Finally, he put Barrett on the bench.

If the Dems win the WH and Senate, the GOP needs to be paid back. There's no other option. Mitch and Trump caused this and it can't stand.

The decision about WI counting votes is one of the most radical and un-American decisions EVER made made by the Supreme Court. The ballots will be legally cast and put into the USPS. This alone should have made the decision 8-0 for counting the votes.

Add to that, the fact that USPS has been intentionally slowed to avoid counting votes and there is no legitimate rationalization to vote to not count the ballots. Again, this should have been an 8-0 vote for counting.

Now, you add a radically RW Barrett to the Bench and it has to remedied by Biden.

Pop, how can justify not counting legally cast ballots due to USPS delivery issues?

The GOP has already "gone for it", and thanks to all those young justices Democrats have no hope of getting a SC majority for decades anyway, so why not expand the Court? The GOP will just continue to pack the Courts the next time they're in power no matter what the Democrats do, so that's no reason for not doing it. Basically, Democrats really do have nothing to lose at this point, and McConnell made that perfectly clear in his taunting little speech celebrating getting Barrett onto the Court.

The decision about WI counting votes is one of the most radical and un-American decisions EVER made made by the Supreme Court. The ballots will be legally cast and put into the USPS. This alone should have made the decision 8-0 for counting the votes.

Add to that, the fact that USPS has been intentionally slowed to avoid counting votes and there is no legitimate rationalization to vote to not count the ballots. Again, this should have been an 8-0 vote for counting.

Now, you add a radically RW Barrett to the Bench and it has to remedied by Biden.

Pop, how can justify not counting legally cast ballots due to USPS delivery issues?

I didn't read the entire ruling but the basis seemed to be that it is logical to say that elections have a beginning date to vote; and an end date.

I didn't read the entire ruling but the basis seemed to be that it is logical to say that elections have a beginning date to vote; and an end date.

But the votes had been cast and mailed during that time period. The ONLY reason they wouldn't have made it under the legal dates is the USPS being rigged by Trump and his lackey.

This decision alone should be enough to expand the Court. but you won't address how the GOP screwed the nation with their decade of rigging the entire federal court system, but you don't want it fixed or at least gotten back to where it was. What O'Connell and Trump have done was UNTHINKABLE until now and you want to allow them to get away with it,

Appointing/delaying/ manipulating judgeships has been going on in America since day one.
If the shoe was on the other foot are you saying the Dems wouldn’t do the same thing? I believe they would.
Dems will do what they have to do but expanding the Court will bring the battle to a whole new level.
Not saying I wouldn’t do it if I was the Dem Leader but as I said, what goes around comes around.
Be careful what you wish for.

It's NEVER been done like McConnell and Trump did over the last decade. There's never been anything close to this.

Sorry, you are flat out historically inaccurate.

Back