• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

The prices on today's card have been pretty solid. Hope that is a good omen for tomorrow.

I've made two exacta box bets. One lost. The other is coming up in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: I got the exacta. It paid $71.50 for a $5 box.

Last edited:
Why come here? If you dislike RJ so much, why open the thread. Bitch about him and his posting all you want, but you have to ask yourself what's missing in your life if you feel the need to come antagonize him on one of the 3 threads he's allowed to post to.

two threads..I can't post on the thread wishing me happy b'day.

Why come here? If you dislike RJ so much, why open the thread. Bitch about him and his posting all you want, but you have to ask yourself what's missing in your life if you feel the need to come antagonize him on one of the 3 threads he's allowed to post to.

intercourse

Cookout said this on another threead:

"Agree, our general moderating philosophy is pretty laissez-faire, outside of truly egregious stuff, with a preference to let the community shout down and call people out for it in hopes that people will see the error of their ways and learn. "

Not only did I apologize, ASK the Mods to give me up to a month's ban, I also offered a peace plan for those who lost their bets to me. Further, even if you blame me for starting 50% of the "thread derailments" shouldn't the people who started the other half have had to pay some price?

BEFORE I was put in board jail, my style had clearly changed. There have been no issues on either of my threads involving me.

By any reasonable metric that would qualify as "seeing the error of my ways and learning."

There have been posts by people I have almost never gotten along with saying parole is fair. Hell, Diggler and I have peace. What was nearly as surprising was when Ayo came to my aid. I can honestly say I can't remember Ayo and I ever agreeing on anything and having many tiffs. If he has no problems with it and we can get along...

The reality is there's no difference in paroling me now or in January. After all, it is cookout's stance that it's about "seeing the error of their ways and learning", they have succeeded.

The more you make posts like this the more likely it will be that you stay in purgatory to be honest. Just accept it and move on and when you're allowed to come back in January try to not make the same mistakes. Constantly trying to play this game and spamming PMs to posters all around the board to try and make "Free RJ!" posts is really really not helping your cause, it is having the opposite effect. On the flip side, ignoring detractors here is a good sign so keep doing that. FWIW this punishment IS parole, otherwise you'd be outright banned. We've even made multiple concessions that previous kanhoji'd folks did not get at all.

We were and have been pretty laissez-faire with you for a very very long time, and the issue wasn't some specific opinion or hot take you could just be called out about and move on. The "other 50%" was a lot of different posters, and not just 1 single common link, you and your posting style.

You are more than welcome to go post freely on Les's board in the meantime, I'm sure they'd love to have your opinions over there, and am quite curious as to why you haven't done that yet... unless he's smarter than us and hasn't allowed you because he knows what drama will come with it.

Your paragraph speaks volumes...No matter what I do, it won't matter. Your goal is to get me to quit or you wouldn't be bringing Les up every post.

My goal is have board peace. I have done so for 9+ weeks. RE: FreeRJ, I've got friends. There are as many or more that didn't post on there fearing your reprisals. BTW, I didn't reach out to Diggler. He reached out to me. I was probably more surprised to see Ayo taking my side than Diggler. I certainly didn't reach out to him.

If your goal is for me to "see the errors of my ways" and to "learn", I've clearly done that. What's the down side? If I don't continue my current actions, you still have options.

The Oaks/Derby Double has stayed about the same. Swiss Skydiver has gone up marginally to $10.80. The $5.60 for Gamine/Tiz the Law is still to low to take.

For those of you who just watch on big days, the jockey on Swiss Skydiver, Tyler Gafflione is someone to watch. I guess he's in his mid-20s and is on his way to being one of the nation's top jockeys.

Last edited:
Your paragraph speaks volumes...No matter what I do, it won't matter. Your goal is to get me to quit or you wouldn't be bringing Les up every post.

My goal is have board peace. I have done so for 9+ weeks. RE: FreeRJ, I've got friends. There are as many or more that didn't post on there fearing your reprisals. BTW, I didn't reach out to Diggler. He reached out to me. I was probably more surprised to see Ayo taking my side than Diggler. I certainly didn't reach out to him.

If your goal is for me to "see the errors of my ways" and to "learn", I've clearly done that. What's the down side? If I don't continue my current actions, you still have options.

You have not learned because you keep trying to get out of the punishment early (through very spammy PM means begging your "friends" to argue for you, which they wouldn't be doing if you weren't PMing them asking them to), and you keep making posts that show you're not fully accepting responsibility and trying to play "GOTCHA" with us. I can go back through this thread and highlight them all if you really want me to. It absolutely does matter what you do or don't do IMO, continuously whining about it demonstrates the "I'm the victim!" mentality is still present and that mentality is what caused so many thread derails in the first place.

I'm bringing up Les's board because I think it's funny they probably don't allow you to post at all over there, and yet we're supposed to allow you free reign over here if you PM enough people to build a case for support.

Les' board has about 15-20 posters. It's not worth going there. AND, I decided I'd let Strickland be in his glory. Not being there also shows I have no interest in fighting with Strickland.

My actions have shown that I have no interest in derailing threads or doing anything but having fun.

Yes, I have taken my share of responsibility. I have said I was wrong.

I haven't said anything about being a "victim". The closest I've come is musing about why the people helicoptered in for the express purpose of starting fights and derailing threads were held to no responsibility.

RE: Getting out early- It's human nature and animal nature to want to be free of being caged. Anyone would.

RE:: Nothing to lose The reality is it's not that have you have nothing to lose. You will be the hero of the situation regardless of what happens. If I fuck up, you can have your way and say- "See, RJ is a piece of shit." If I don't fuck up- You can say that YOU changed me and changed the board in a positive way AND you take the same position towards others act poorly.

All outcomes will make you look good. All outcomes will prove what your goals are- to show error of their ways and that you taught the worst poster ever to change. You made me "learn".

It's nothing but positive for you.

Last edited:
Big upset in the Oaks. But the most interesting part is the long shot winner set a stakes and filly track record after fairly modest fractions.

Throughout the day, speed and being up close paid off.

First post tomorrow is 11 AM EDT.

I like the #4 horse in the first race. The next three races are Maidens. I'm not interested.

I thought this should be reposted:

Barring a couple of horses going on suicide races to make Tiz the Law set insane fractions for the first half mile, this looks like a cold exacta box of Tiz the Law/Honor AP.

Authentic can get a piece, but I'm not sure he can go 1 1/4 miles.

I will be betting the following Pick4 :

11th Race - 4
12th Race - 1.4.8.9.10
13th Race - 1,2,3,9
14th Race (Derby) - 16 (Honor AP), 17 Tiz the Law

If you bet $0.50 ticket, it will cost $20. You can bet any multiple of that amount. Hopefully, one of the longshots can come in to make it pay a little.

I would love to come to come up with a big choice for the Derby, but the more I look, the more it looks like a cold exacta box of Tiz and Honor.

I'll think about it in the AM about the Tiz/Honor/all/all and Honor/Tiz/all/all super and hope for longshots to fill it out.

The day is about to begin in Louisville. The weather is sunny. It will be in the mid-80s this afternoon. The track was lightning fast yesterday.

By the way, on Derby Day, it's not too early to have some drinks.

I opened the betting site to find #4 in the first race is opening at 7/5. UGH.

I'll be watching the first few races, but the Derby is unusual this year in that it's almost impossible to make cases for 75% of the field to even be in the exacta.

As I said, Races 2-4 are maidens and tough to bet. In Race 5, I like a 5/10/8 Box, but I'll want to see what it will pay.

In Race 6, I kinda like an 8-1 Morning Line shot #3.

I’m play My golf at 1...when will the main race be? I know nothing about it other than I watch it every year and it’s pretty cool for like 9 seconds, similar to sex.

Edit to say I’m playing golf***...

Edit function not working. Thanks Cookout!!!,!

My horse in the first is no 6/5. I may make a bet, but I won't be doing the W/P bet I was going to do. He's only paying $2.20 to place. No go.

We may have a record Derby race. The second race was a Maiden Race (horses that have never won) where two of three top horses had one race and the had never raced. The first quarter of that race was insanely fast a 21 2/5 and the final time was 1:08:80. That's a stakes race time.

In fact it's only 1 3/5 off the track record for 6 furlongs.

With $2.7M bet, Tiz the Law is 4/5 with Honor AP 8/1 and Authentic at 9/1.

Armed militia bozos are at Churchill Downs.

Back