• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Talk abut weird, Authentic started the year as the favorite for the Derby. Then, he was passed by two other Baffert horses. Then, they got hurt and he got beaten badly. Finally, he came back and won a distance that many didn't think he could reach.

Gamine and Swiss Skydiver were monsters and then went totally flat.

Empty tracks, the Travers happened before the Derby. The Belmont happened first and was the shortest of the Triple races rather than the longest race those horses would ever run.

The only thing that isn't weird is that you were wrong again. For someone who knows so much about horses, you really don't know shit for betting. Guess you'll be riding the bus for the next 12 months....

The only thing that isn't weird is that you were wrong again. For someone who knows so much about horses, you really don't know shit for betting. Guess you'll be riding the bus for the next 12 months....

Weird thing to be hypercritical of RJ over. No one really argues he doesn’t know horses or make people money on occasion.

2 strikes in 24 hours. Come at RJ again and the mods may not be so easy on you to just give you a warning.

Over the past twenty years on the Wake boards, you'd be up a reasonable amount of money on my KY Derby bets. I'd guess over the past fifteen years, I was up about 9 times, had a couple of years being basically even and four losing years.

Here's something fun about yesterdays Derby. About 4200 people can say they owned a KY Derby winner. There's a website call myracehorse.com that sells "micro-shares" of race horses. For $206, you could have owned one share of Authentic. For the rest of your life, you could legitimately say you owned a KY Derby winner.

kudos to rj for ignoring the bait.

tag: gable loses hair growing wager

I went to the My Racehorse site. After the Derby, there was so much interest in owning a piece of a horse that they are completely sold out. Over the past months, it seemed like they had 20-50 horses available at any one time.

Just a b it with Spencer Haywood. Besides his changing the NBA forever with his lawsuit. He's one of the greatest and most forgotten player of all time. To be honest I might have to have him as the #4 PF of all time behind Tim, McHale and Baylor.

I wouldn't hesitate a second in picking Haywood over Karl Malone. KG would be #5 for me.

If the NBA hadn't blackballed him for his first four years, I'd take a young Connie Hawkins over Malone as well.

RJ and horse racing is one thing where he adds value to the boards.

Duncan, McHale, Baylor, Haywood, Garnet and Malone? Interesting. I've always thought of Baylor as a SF.

For the first ten years of his career Baylor averaged over 30 ppg and about 15 rpg. In that era, you played guard or forward. He was their best rebounder.

I'd also take Elvin Hayes over Malone in a heartbeat. I don't think Malone did anything better than Big E other than whine. In a year or two, Anthony Davis may pass Malone. Bob Petit average slightly more point and 50% more rebounds than Malone.

For the first ten years of his career Baylor averaged over 30 ppg and about 15 rpg. In that era, you played guard or forward. He was their best rebounder.

In a year or two, Anthony Davis may pass Malone.

You just can't help yourself from posting something stupid can you?

Karl Malone has 2 mvp's
AD has 0

KM has 11 first team All NBA
AD has 3

KM has 3 first team all defensive NBA
AD has 1

KM is 2nd all time in scoring
Ad is (not even looking it up)

The only category where AD is superior is blocks.

Unless AD comes out and becomes the best player in the nba in the next few years AND maintains the highest level of play over another 10 years you can't even make that argument. Stick to horse racing.

If you look at Pettit's career, he was a standard of success at PF. In an eleven year career, he was NBA first team his first ten years, NBA second team his eleventh. Enough said.

Karl Malone passed Pettit with fourteen years as All-NBA. He was first team eleven times, second team twice and third team once.

Duncan passed Malone with 15 years as All-NBA. Ten firsts, three seconds and third team twice. Defense is what makes Tim the greatest PF of all time. His 15 seasons on the All-NBA Defensive team is the most of any player at any position.

Defense is why Kevin Garnett may be the second best PF. All-NBA Defense 12 times and All-NBA nine times. Malone made the all defensive team four times. Big difference.

Last edited:
As much as I hate the Celtics, McHale is only PF who could have competed with Tim. If Kevin had been on another team, he might have averaged close to 30/15 while being an all time defender.

Being First Team All NBA can be deceiving. Take AD, he's had a couple of guys named Lebron and KD at his position. Then add Kawhi, Tim (made it as a forward, too), Paul George and Giannis.

Malone made 1st or 2nd Team All D four times in 18 years (and didn't deserve it at all). AD has made 1st/2nd, four times in eight years and will continue doing it.

With Pettit's range, he might have put PPG at PF out of reach with three point shots.

Using total numbers of anything over how many of something you do per game is silly. Using total numbers of points, you'd have to say that as a college player JJ Reddick was a better scored than David Thompson, Charlie Davis, Charlie Scott and even Lew Alcindor.

A friend sent me a copy of September's Basketball Times. It had Steve Forbes on the cover and great, multi-page article about him and his journey to reach Wake.

I'd post a link but I got a hard copy. It's definitely worth reading.

You just can't help yourself from posting something stupid can you?

Karl Malone has 2 mvp's
AD has 0

KM has 11 first team All NBA
AD has 3

KM has 3 first team all defensive NBA
AD has 1

KM is 2nd all time in scoring
Ad is (not even looking it up)

The only category where AD is superior is blocks.

Unless AD comes out and becomes the best player in the nba in the next few years AND maintains the highest level of play over another 10 years you can't even make that argument. Stick to horse racing.

You know, it is really okay to disagree with someone, without feeling the need to try to belittle them. Try it, it really can work.

I can't believe the Thunder isn't re-hiring Billy Donovan. The Sixers need to hire him TOMORROW!!!!!

Back