• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Hmmmmmmm think covid or budget cuts could have delayed it or just looking to pick another bone or be an asshole Really you fucks want to treat RJ like a Nazi along with others why dont you just have a a circle jerk and get it out of your system. Hell 90 percent of things posted here are BS and have nothing to do with sports.

Yup. Sometimes you play the hand you are dealt. And I agree that the turnovers are expected, but it sounded more like that was an area where we are behind where Forbes would like us to be. With somewhat of a logjam at guard, it seems like everyone has an opportunity to earn minutes by valuing the basketball.

I think you could be right, but it's a great ploy for Forbes to take control. It makes the team listen.

Hmmmmmmm think covid or budget cuts could have delayed it or just looking to pick another bone or be an asshole Really you fucks want to treat RJ like a Nazi along with others why dont you just have a a circle jerk and get it out of your system. Hell 90 percent of things posted here are BS and have nothing to do with sports.

Kilted, Don't be logical.

RE: BBD- If you think I'm going to say anything, you'd be wrong. Use your bait to catch dinner.

Unless Brand and Harris offered Doc Phil Jackson money, I'm kinda surprised Doc didn't get offers from the Rox and Pels before taking the job. It's going to be interesting to see how much power Doc will get from the Sixers RE:roster and draft.

The Nets are a disaster waiting to happen.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach

Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant say Brooklyn Nets' coaching will be 'collaborative effort'

"The Brooklyn Nets named Steve Nash their head coach in early September, but stars Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant see Nash in more of a collaborative role and not as the head of top-down leadership.

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

Durant followed up by agreeing with Irving, calling it a "collaborative effort" and naming assistant and former interim head coach Jacque Vaughn as someone who could fill the role any given day."

I feel sorry for Steve Nash. Everyone says he's a great guy, but that's recipe for failure and uncontrolled madness. I hope his deal has a strong mental health policy. He's likely to need it sooner rather than later.

Kyrie is truly the inmates running the asylum.

RE: Preakness tomorrow

Like most years at The Preakness, it looks like a low priced event. I hope Art Collector is healthy and wins. His last race was against Swiss Skydiver and he beat her for fun. Unless one of them goes nuts on the lead it looks like a cold exacta box of Art Collector and Authentic.

I'm hoping there will be a longshot in one of the races leading up to the Preakness to create a decent Pick 4.

Of course, the most important races on Preakness Day won't be happening this year. Without fans in the infield, there won't be the Port-A-Potty Derbies of drunken fans racing (and mostly falling) over the top of the Port-A-Potties.

I'm rooting for Swiss Skydriver. Sixth filly, and she'd be the first since Rachel Alexandra in 2009 to win. Thought it made her an interesting storyline.

She was an interesting storyline until Art Collector passed her like she was standing still. Her loss in the KY Oaks wasn't that bad as the winner broke the Oaks record time if I'm not mistaken.

I think you'll get 7/1 or more. It's worth a bet.

I'm rooting for Swiss Skydriver. Sixth filly, and she'd be the first since Rachel Alexandra in 2009 to win. Thought it made her an interesting storyline.

If you are looking for some action. Keeneland has an amazing card tomorrow. You can bet it online at almost all of the sites. If you haven't signed up before at TVG.com or xpressbet.com, they often have nice bonus promotions for signing up.

Bob Gibson has died at 84. He was one of the greatest RHP ever and one of the most intimidating. In addition to being a HOF pitcher, he played for the Globetrotters.

He was basically unhittable and one of the fiercest competitors that ever played pro sports in America. He completed almost half of the games he started over a fifteen year career. For about three seasons, he made something 75 or 80 consecutive starts that he pitched at least six innings. He had over 50 CG shutouts.

In my lifetime, the only RHP that I think was as good as Gibson was Juan Marichal (Yes, both were better than Seaver, Maddux or Clemens).

As opposed to many pitchers, Gibson got the ball and threw it. No fucking around or playing games. If you didn't get in the batter's box quickly enough for him, he'd throw one behind your ear.

He was an amazing fielder and a solid hitter.

I'd have to say if I needed one win from a RHP in my lifetime, I'd give the ball to Gibson.

Gibson had the best season of any pitcher in the modern era. In 1968 he was the Cy Young winner and the MVP of the National League. He led the majors with 1.12 ERA, 28 complete games, 13 shutouts, 15 consecutive winning decisions and a stretch of 95 innings in which he gave up two runs.

Gibson pitched nine postseason games. 81 innings, 55 hits, 17 earned runs (1.89 ERA), 17 walks, 92 strikeouts, 2 shutouts and a 7-2 record. Gibson is a great choice for that one game RJ. He was money when it mattered.

RIP

Last edited:
Never knew Gibson played with the Globetrotters. That’s impressive.
Wish I still had his baseball card.......along with the rest of my collection. No idea where it went.

Seeing the Padres beat the Cardinals with 8 pitchers in 9 innings must of put Bob Gibson over the edge. A great pitcher indeed.

In October 1968, I was in the education block preparing to do student teaching. I cut a secondary education class and went down to College Apartments to watch game 7 of the Cardinals/Tigers World Series. Mickey Lolich beat Bob Gibson and Detroit won the series.

I had a great-aunt who lived in a St. Louis suburb in the 1960s and was a huge Gibby fan. It rubbed off on me. I loved his follow-through which amazingly didn't keep him from being a great fielder. Funny stories about Gibson in a Tim Kurkjeian piece at ESPN.com today.

Seeing the Padres beat the Cardinals with 8 pitchers in 9 innings must of put Bob Gibson over the edge. A great pitcher indeed.

You wouldn't be able to get Gibson off the mound because he had thrown 100 pitches.

One of favorite baseball stories is about the game Gibson started by throwing six straight balls. Manager Red Schoendienst motioned for catcher Tim McCarver to go out to the mound. Tim put his mask on top of his head and started towards the mound. As he got to the dirt grass cutout in front of the plate, Gibson put his hands on his hips and barked at McCarver something like, "Where the fuck do you're going." McCarver looked at his manager and looked at Gibson. He put his mask down and went back behind the plate.

When asked why he did it, McCarver said something like, "All Red could do was take me out of the game."

The reason for the insane numbers in 68 was that they had lowered the mound.

Over an eight year period. Gibby AVERAGED 20 CGs/season.

Bob Costas did a panel show about about steroids and the explosion of home runs. He was asking Mike Schmidt, Gibson and a couple of other superstars about steroids. When he got to Gibby, everyone started laughing Gibson on a roid rage.

Back