• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

When the Lakers win this championship, the inevitable Lebron vs. MJ will start up again. Stephen A. Smith said that because fouls are called more tightly and the league is softer Lebron shouldn't be considered. That's really stupid. An athletic freak, who is 6'9 260 doesn't need to be protected. In fact , with fewer offensive calls and the ability to use his physicality would help Lebron not hurt him.

The absolute nonsense of "MJ was 6-0 in Finals and Lebron lost a bunch" will be brought up. Did MJ ever play a team as good a the Spurs dynasty? The Warriors dynasty? Did MJ ever take a team like the first Cavs teams to the Finals? Did MJ ever have a Finals when his next two best players were unable to play? Why doesn't anyone talk about all the years MJ lost before his first win?

MJ was a great, great player. But people don't look at the totality. He and Lebron are very close. But when it's a toss up in basketball and one guy is 6'6, 195 and the other is 6'9, 260, you take the bigger guy.

MJ was better
Lebron never made a movie like SpaceJam

But he's in the remake of SpaceJam and was in Trainwreck...He's also produced a lot of movies... :)

Legendary Yankees pitcher Whitey Ford has died at 91. He was on 11 AL championship teams and 6 WS winners. He had a winning percentage of about .690.

He and his best friend, Mickey Mantle, closed a lot of bars and partied relentlessly.

Until today. he was the oldest living member of the Hall of Fame.

RIP

Grew up in NY and a bloodline of Yankee fans. Watching Whitey Ford pitch, particularly in the World Series was such a pleasure. So clutch and under control. Kind to fans and a great teammate by all accounts. It hurt a bit that he had gone to his reward I will miss him and hope he rests in peace I will hold tight to those memories.

When the Lakers win this championship, the inevitable Lebron vs. MJ will start up again. Stephen A. Smith said that because fouls are called more tightly and the league is softer Lebron shouldn't be considered. That's really stupid. An athletic freak, who is 6'9 260 doesn't need to be protected. In fact , with fewer offensive calls and the ability to use his physicality would help Lebron not hurt him.

The absolute nonsense of "MJ was 6-0 in Finals and Lebron lost a bunch" will be brought up. Did MJ ever play a team as good a the Spurs dynasty? The Warriors dynasty? Did MJ ever take a team like the first Cavs teams to the Finals? Did MJ ever have a Finals when his next two best players were unable to play? Why doesn't anyone talk about all the years MJ lost before his first win?

MJ was a great, great player. But people don't look at the totality. He and Lebron are very close. But when it's a toss up in basketball and one guy is 6'6, 195 and the other is 6'9, 260, you take the bigger guy.

I’ll take Wilt over both of them...and he’s an even bigger guy!

With dynasties, that’s a good point, but 80’s Celtics, and the Pistons short-lived dominance, then Jordan did play the past it’s prime Lakers dynasty (still had Magic, Worthy, Scott, AC Green and Michael Thompson) in ‘91.

I am more impressed by Lebron’s sheer volume of 10 finals, and with the different organizations - truly remarkable.

I agree with you 100%. Wilt is #1. Lebron #2.

Had MJ's in the early 80s, it's very likely they would have never made an NBA Finals much less win a championship. The early 80s Sixers and Celtics would have destroyed them. Hell, it's far from certain the Bulls would have even made an Eastern Conference Final as they would likely would have had to beat one of those teams to reach the Finals.

Thus, Jordan's 6-0 is nowhere near as strong as some give it credit for being.

I agree with you 100%. Wilt is #1. Lebron #2.

Had MJ's in the early 80s, it's very likely they would have never made an NBA Finals much less win a championship. The early 80s Sixers and Celtics would have destroyed them. Hell, it's far from certain the Bulls would have even made an Eastern Conference Final as they would likely would have had to beat one of those teams to reach the Finals.

Thus, Jordan's 6-0 is nowhere near as strong as some give it credit for being.

Whatever Wilt wanted to do on the basketball court, Wilt did. Except make free throws.

I saw 8mm movies of him in HS. He often broke the press with his ballhandling.

He was also considered one of the people who exploded the popularity of beach volleyball and won high jump events.

In today's no touch game, Wilt could have picked any number he wanted to average. What's even scarier is what he would have looked like with today's training and weights.

There has been a search committee to locate a replacement Hatch for a while now.

I posted this a few months ago and most people didn't react. Now, that it is coming to pass, it must have been another lucky guess. :)

Search committee will be favoring candidates who are sympathetic athletics and have shown an understanding of how they impact a major university.

A huge benefit for Wake in Hatch's leaving is that he opposed building a new basketball arena. He would only approve renovating the Joel.

Yes, a new building will cost much more, but there are many ways to mitigate the differences that make more sense than redoing an old facility.

Back