• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Gibby was 7-2, 1.89 ERA in the World Series. That's pretty damn good. What's great is he started nine games and nine complete games and in 81 IP, he 92 Ks.

Oh yeah, those nine complete games were in three WS. He started and finished three games in each WS.

I did make a $30 Pick 4 bet into the Preakness...it's boredom rather than being interested

Race 8 - 1/8/10
Race 9 - 1/7/10/12/13
Race 10- 3/5
Race 11 (Preakness) - 3 (Art Collector)/9 (Authentic)

that was fugly...oh well...waiting for The Preakness....like usual...

Hit an $85.50 exacta ($5 ticket that paid $35.40 for $2). Lost $15 on next race.

Right now Art Collector/Authentic is paying $17.40. With Authentic on top it's $16.

Looking at a $10 or $20 exacta box. The trifectas aren't paying well enough to play.

Won a couple bucks...$10 exacta box on Authentic/Art Collector and $2 exacta boxes of Art/Swiss and Authentic/Swiss. Paid $75.60 = +47.60 for race

For the day, bet $93 (not that exciting) - collected $161.10- Net $69.10.

Better than losing...Will see if she runs in the Classic or F&M Classic.

Won a couple bucks...$10 exacta box on Authentic/Art Collector and $2 exacta boxes of Art/Swiss and Authentic/Swiss. Paid $75.60 = +47.60 for race

For the day, bet $93 (not that exciting) - collected $161.10- Net $69.10.

We’ve had bar tabs that would laugh at that.

Better than losing...Will see if she runs in the Classic or F&M Classic.

I'm rooting for Swiss Skydriver. Sixth filly, and she'd be the first since Rachel Alexandra in 2009 to win. Thought it made her an interesting storyline.

Hope you got some bets in. She went off at 11-1. I was really surprised at that.

Good call.

I'm putting it at 5.5. The only reason I'm putting it that high is that they play each other six times.

That's a nice day and more than I won. Way to go!!

Remember, there's no such thing as "house money". Once the house gives it to you, it's your money.

Half of that $220 could make for a fun Breeders Cup day. Races and exotics pay a lot better that day.

The reason for the insane numbers in 68 was that they had lowered the mound.

The mound was lowered AFTER the 1968 season because the pitchers had become too dominant.

They also made the strike zone smaller, which supposedly was the more important change.

My bad.

How good was 1968?
Luis Tiant didn't win the AL Cy Young.

" Tiant, a colorful character from Cuba who loved to smoke cigars and had an unorthodox, twisting, hesitating delivery, went 21-9 with a league-leading nine shutouts. He compiled a 1.60 ERA in 258 1⁄3 innings in which he allowed only 152 hits. He struck out 264, walked 73 and had a sensational 0.87 WHIP. He struck out 19 in a 10-inning victory on July 3."

In the NL, Juan Marichal had 30 complete games, pitched 325+ innings, was 26-9 and didn't win.

Last edited:
How dominant was pitching in 1968?

Denny McLain gave MLB its last 30 win season going 31-6 with a 1.96 ERA in 336 innings that included 28 complete games. Seven pitchers completed the season with an ERA under 2. Seven pitchers won 20 or more games. 49 pitchers had an ERA under 3. 99 pitchers threw a shutout. They combined for 279 shutouts. 74 of the 76 pitchers who qualified for the ERA title had an ERA under 4. 32 pitchers had 10 or more CG. 56 pitchers threw 200+ innings. Only 11 pitchers had 200+ strikeouts.

I was looking at Rivals' Rankings a few minutes ago and couldn't help laughing. A guy named Benny Williams went from 51 to 22. Josh Minot went from 67 to 34. Tyrese Hunter went from 90 to 43. Logan Dumcomb went up 53 slots. Sam Ayomide went up 41. Ryan Mutombo went down 21. Jaden Jones went down 28. Shane Nowell went down 36.

There are many others.

Exactly how do players move that much when no one has played. Where's the AAU games? No Vegas tournament. This is nuts.

Eric Bossi just transferred from Rivals recruiting manager to the same position at 247. Corey Evans left Rivals to join the NBA. That might explain the movement.

With everything that's going will official practice start October 15?

Will there be some version of Midnight Madness this year?

Pre-season practices began on September 21. Pre-season practices are described as: 12 hours a week of conditioning and "skill instruction". Skill instruction is essentially practice on a basketball court, but no more than 8 of the 12 hours can be spent on skill instruction.

Formal practices begin next Wednesday, October 14.

Details can be found on the NCAA website: https://www.ncaa.com/live-updates/ncaa/d1/college-basketball-schedule-latest-covid-19-news-2020-21-season

Here are some details:
Here are some of the schedule changes made for the 2020-21 season:

Programs can begin preseason practice on Wednesday, Oct. 14.
This is a 42-day window to conduct 30 practices at most.
Exhibitions and scrimmages before Nov. 25 will not be allowed.
There are three scheduling options in DI men's basketball.
- 24 regular-season games and up to three games in one multi-team event.
- 25 regular-season games and up to two games in one multi-team event.
- 25 regular-season games without playing in a multi-team event.
There are two scheduling options in DI women's basketball.
- 23 regular-season games and up to four additional games in one multi-team event.
- 25 regular-season games without participating in a multi-team event.
Teams must play a minimum of 13 games against DI opponents to be considered for NCAA championship selection.
A transition period will take place from Sept. 21 to Oct. 13 between out-of-season activity and preseason practice.
Teams may partake in conditioning, sport-related meetings and skill instruction for up to 12 hours a week.
Skill instruction may not exceed eight hours a week. Athletes must receive at least two days off per week during the transition period.

Thanks, I wonder if Forbes will have open or show practices on Zoom or some other platform. It might be a good idea to get more fans involved.

Back