• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

A huge benefit for Wake in Hatch's leaving is that he opposed building a new basketball arena. He would only approve renovating the Joel.

Yes, a new building will cost much more, but there are many ways to mitigate the differences that make more sense than redoing an old facility.

Hatch did approve buying the church and and all the land that many have suggested would e a good location for a completely new basketball facility.

However, parking and other considerations may keep basketball over near the rest of the sports complex.

Hatch did approve buying the church and and all the land that many have suggested would e a good location for a completely new basketball facility.

However, parking and other considerations may keep basketball over near the rest of the sports complex.

Good point. It may be a little bit of the sunk cost fallacy at work too. Realistically, The Joel location may not be that valuable for other uses; Wake may have trouble getting its money back out of it.

I don't remember how much parking lot area came with the Joel. The parking generates revenue even when the Joel itself isn't in use. Football games. The (formerly Dixie Classic) Fair. Other Fairgrounds activities. Coliseum Annex events. That stuff may be carrying the load for the Joel.

Of course, once Forbes gets thing rolling, basketball may once again be the engine.

A huge benefit for Wake in Hatch's leaving is that he opposed building a new basketball arena. He would only approve renovating the Joel.

Yes, a new building will cost much more, but there are many ways to mitigate the differences that make more sense than redoing an old facility.

is this the big story you were alluding to?

His craziness led to team's becoming above average, but his concepts can't win championships.

With all the new coaches, I wouldn't be shocked to see lots of trades. The Rockets are likely going to move several players. Allegedly, the Warriors want to move the second pick (which will likely include Wiggins). The Sixers may try to move Horford. OKC is trying to move CP3.

It could be pretty wild.

With all the new coaches, I wouldn't be shocked to see lots of trades. The Rockets are likely going to move several players. Allegedly, the Warriors want to move the second pick (which will likely include Wiggins). The Sixers may try to move Horford. OKC is trying to move CP3.

It could be pretty wild.

CP3 to Philly?

To make the $$ work, they'd have to get OKC to take Tobias Harris and Josh Richardson.

CP3 should burn down OKC if they trade him to the Knicks. If Toronto had a few more assets, that could a landing place for VanVleet, OG and some draft picks. Then Toronto could trade Lowry to the Knicks.

OKC won't be interested in Horford as long as they have Adams.

I think Houston will do almost anything to get a big. I wouldn't be shocked to see Horford land there. How about something like this - Horford, Zhaire Smith and the Sixers 1st Round pick for Eric Gordon and Robert Covington. Horford is a good fit for Houston's needs for someone to clog the middle on D, get boards and keep the lanes open on offense.

Of course, Houston could go all in and trade Westbrook.

A guy who may make some impact and might be able to be signed for the mid-range exception or a little more could be Ibaka. If he's willing to sign for that, he'd be a great fit for the Warriors.

Something else that's going that could impact college basketball greatly is the NBAPA and league are having talks to extend the CBA. If the CBA is changed, I wouldn't be surprised if HS to G-League or something like that is included.

I keep waiting for the NBA to expand the G-league and the CBA could be the step. The goal would be one minor league team for each NBA franchise. There are plenty of cities large enough to support a minor league team and without a major university BB program. This would expedite signing graduating high school players, foreign born players and players who aren't drafted.

you could see differing theories of player development if HSers are forced to play in G-League. Some may be willing to develop their own. Others may like guys who went to college for 2/3 years.

Two central questions will be if the HSers will be paid at their slot rate or a different rate and if the G-League years count towards their first free agent deal.

Before anyone complains, I have been given direct approval to post this post from a Deac who is about to become the hottest commodity in collegiate management with a focus on sports and helping universities.

Here's Graham Honaker's post from Facebook:

"One of my biggest dreams has to been to write a book. I’m thrilled to announce that Pediment Publishing will release “The Cinderella Strategy: The Game Plan Behind Butler University’s Rise to Prominence” in March, 2021. The book focuses on
Butler’s back-to-back Final Four runs in 2010 and 2011 and their impact on the University including a $100M jump in endowment, record breaking fundraising years, applications doubling, a $255M investment in facilities, and monumental move to the Big East Conference.

Included are stories on Brad Stevens, Gregg Popovich, Jay Wright, and Bobby Plump.

Early endorsers of the book include Jim Nantz (CBS Sports), Val Ackerman (Big East Commissioner), Mike Roth (Gonzaga Athletics Director), Blair Sheppard (former at Duke Fuqua School of Business), and Steve Lavin (Former UCLA and St. John’s Coach) The ordering page for the book will be up in a few weeks and I appreciate all of those who have contacted me about a pre-order. I’ll be donating a portion of the proceeds to Project 44, an organization promoting bone marrow transplants.

I’ve been really fortunate to have been part of the story, Butler wrote it - I only transcribed it. If you’re interested in joining the pre-order list - message me. Go Dawgs!"

He was the person in charge of those gains as well as raising funds to rebuild the legendary Hinkle Fieldhouse.

It's almost certain he will be interviewed on virtually on sports and news network creating millions in free publicity for Butler. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, 87, you can decide for yourself. This was obliquely discussed this summer.

The big wake athletics news you were teasing all summer is that some dude wrote a book about events that happened a decade ago at a different school? Seriously?

I'm not going into your rabbit hole. Think about this, four months ago I spoke about something happening that was just announced. How it ties into Wake, you can think about.

The big wake athletics news you were teasing all summer is that some dude wrote a book about events that happened a decade ago at a different school? Seriously?

Led raising over $300,000,000 and refurbished a legendary athletic facility, is a Wake grad...

But bless your heart....

Back