• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Romney is pretty much the only one with a spine these days so the only one worth defending in some capacity.

Because like you, they believe they're strengths. Well-to-do white men don't really think critically about other well-to-do white men who share their beliefs. The Paul Ryans of the world simply put a passable veneer on beliefs that go back to before the Civil War.

Just wanted to save this to show PhDeac as the racist he is.

Rick Scott won because of his response to Hurricane Irma. You are a racist ass.

Rick Scott barely won his three elections. I doubt anybody has won three statewide elections by less than Scott. His response to Irma wasn’t particularly strong. Bill Nelson was a weak incumbent. Age worked against him at 76. He’s never been that well known despite being from a major state and having a well known junior senator. I’d be shocked if you could name any of the three people Nelson beat in his three wins even though one is pretty (in)famous.

Centering the experiences of white men and calling it “intelligence” is racism. You need to take a break. Calling a black man racist for giving you some real talk you’ve never heard before is pretty damn ridiculous. It’s been hours and you can’t explain a specific idea conservatives have come up with that isn’t just a way to keep other people down. Instead of lashing out, be introspective and wonder why you’re getting this push back. It’s not just the one black guy telling you that you’re wrong. But I’m the one you’re calling racist.

Last edited:
I've heard it far too often. You made a generalization based on race.

Also, voting Biden, remember? Of course not. How could I get to a position without thinking critically.

Also, Bill Nelson was a fucking astronaut who beat Connie Mack (the fourth). But he's white.

They pretty much nailed Russia as a threat and put forth ideas on debt reduction and inner city growth. You can disagree with them but intellectually lazy does hold much water. I felt the same about Obama and Biden, I'd never criticize them for being intellectually lazy.

According to the Washington Post Rubio, Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said just a few days ago that his "Committee found no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government." Rubio added in his personal statement that he could say this "without any hesitation." Needless to say this conclusion was not accepted by many, if not most, of the people who had studied the evidence. The ranking Democrat on the Committee, VA Senator Warner, was asked directly about Rubio's statement on Meet the Press this morning and flatly disagreed with it. The MSNBC article I link below states that

"as a Washington Post analysis put it, the Florida senator who leads the Intelligence panel is "aligning with the GOP's and Trump's long-held talking points on this, despite the new evidence."

Perhaps Rubio can explain why?"

Link: https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/russia-s-team-trump-connections-rubio-draws-curious-conclusion-n1237431

he could but "I'd like to keep my job and continue to profit off of the American people" doesn't play well.

According to the Washington Post Rubio, Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said just a few days ago that his "Committee found no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government." Rubio added in his personal statement that he could say this "without any hesitation." Needless to say this conclusion was not accepted by many, if not most, of the people who had studied the evidence. The ranking Democrat on the Committee, VA Senator Warner, was asked directly about Rubio's statement on Meet the Press this morning and flatly disagreed with it. The MSNBC article I link below states that

"as a Washington Post analysis put it, the Florida senator who leads the Intelligence panel is "aligning with the GOP's and Trump's long-held talking points on this, despite the new evidence."

Perhaps Rubio can explain why?"

Link: https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/russia-s-team-trump-connections-rubio-draws-curious-conclusion-n1237431

Fuck you. Rubio is a man of character. He would never lick a taint.

Rubio was only placed in that role due to ol deplorable Burr stepping down

He was placed there because he didn’t have the character to tell the truth about Russia.

Rick Scott won because of his response to Hurricane Irma. You are a racist ass.

Again, with the low bar to try demonstrate achievement. Response to a hurricane? Really? It’s not like it was the first major hurricane in history. We have them every year. At this point, state and national leaders should know exactly what to do with some nuance. Anything less than an excellent response would be incompetence.
You’ve just made Ph’s point for him.

Rick Scott spent $60MM+ of his own money on just the Senate election. Can't imagine how much he plans to spend to try to buy the presidency.

Romney is pretty much the only one with a spine these days so the only one worth defending in some capacity.

The same Mitt Romney who if elected was going to put black people back in chains?(1)

-----------------------------------------------

(1) According to Joe Biden - The 2020 Democrat Party nominee for president

Rick Scott spent $60MM+ of his own money on just the Senate election. Can't imagine how much he plans to spend to try to buy the presidency.

I don't see Rick Scott running in 2024. Should President Trump win, you'll have Vice President Pence in consideration; I think Sen. Tom Cotton will also be running in 2024, and I wouldn't put it past Rep. Matt Gaetz to stick his toes in the water.

I don't see Rick Scott running in 2024. Should President Trump win, you'll have Vice President Pence in consideration; I think Sen. Tom Cotton will also be running in 2024, and I wouldn't put it past Rep. Matt Gaetz to stick his toes in the water.

He ran ads in Iowa earlier this year.

I agree he'll be one of many, though.

The same Mitt Romney who if elected was going to put black people back in chains?(1)

-----------------------------------------------

(1) According to Joe Biden - The 2020 Democrat Party nominee for president

Brad, do you have a particular system (outside of PUB=GOOD, DEM=BAD) for when prior inconsistent statements matter? Asking for a friend.

Scott will definitely run in 2024. Worst case he gets a national fundraising base for his FL Senate campaign.

Back