• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

The NY Times had an incorrect tweet / story up all day claiming that Philadelphia was defying court orders by giving those with mistakes in their mail-in ballots a chance to correct those ballots.

Ran across this link/chart that seems relevant to this thread.

Media.jpg

Lots of thoughts on some of those categorizations.

most everything on there is pushed at least one slot too far left. That includes the “right” sources which are missing a farther right “RW propaganda” section

That Left def does not seem right for The Atlantic, CNN ,or probably even NYT
Politico doesn't fit at all - it got bought by a right-wing German outfit a few years ago and has moved steadily to the right since. Realclearpolitics is a GOP outfit founded by Republicans, and so is The Hill - neither of those are "centrist" but instead they're definitely to the right. And lol at either the NY Times or CNN being far-left - whoever created this obviously hasn't seen the NY Times Pitchbot tweets mocking the Times relentless bosiding of everything.

Any attempt to put US media on some sort of axis or curve or whatever is a flawed attempt a both siding.

To be fair, looks like that is NYT opinion they have in left, the NYT news section is in lean left.

But even that’s a miss as they run plenty of RW schlock in their opinions in their quest to boside.

I was glad to see BBC in the center. It's my choice for viewing when I want the news as it is happening.

This is the chart I've seen before that is much more accurate:

271964225_10158084056286396_1916998474756011630_n.jpg

Back