• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

this is all to make shareholders happy but seems like shareholders would want a news organization to report the news. but what do I know, I'm not a shareholder.

On that note, Alex Jones is about to have to payout $1B for his lies. No punitive cap in Connecticut either.

this is all to make shareholders happy but seems like shareholders would want a news organization to report the news. but what do I know, I'm not a shareholder.

Well the share price is down over 40% since the last round of layoffs, so I'm sure shareholders are thrilled.

The worst people you know lime Charlie Kirk are tweeting about how this is just “the regime” silencing dissenting voices. I guess they’re not distancing themselves from what he said.

yeah I'm reading some pretty bad takes about this on the internet. How are we so dumb?

While live on air, Jones mocks the individual verdicts as they're being read.

The system is broken when the punishment is for him to pay a ton of money but the way he makes money to pay is by lying to his followers and undermining the spirit of the punishment.

Plugging for one of my favorite podcasts, Knowledge Fight. They focus on Alex Jones and Info Wars. One of them was also an expert for the plaintiffs in the Texas trial.

The system is broken when the punishment is for him to pay a ton of money but the way he makes money to pay is by lying to his followers and undermining the spirit of the punishment.
How accountable will he be held to actually pay anywhere close to this? Or will it just go through various bankruptcies, restructurings, appeals, and refusal to pay?

How accountable will he be held to actually pay anywhere close to this? Or will it just go through various bankruptcies, restructurings, appeals, and refusal to pay?

The plaintiffs' attorney seemed pretty confident this morning.

Bankruptcy isn't going well for Jones. The court appointed a manager for the company because it didn't trust what the company was saying. Jones has been on the air quite a bit, seeming to suggest the bankruptcy is to hide his money from the verdicts.

Back