• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rolling Stone Article on UVA rape culture

How the fuck do rapists even get it up? I would imagine the whole lifeless or resisting nature to be a bit of turnoff

Drew is a stone cold mother fucker. Wonder if its the same Drew from all those Taylor Swift songs. Either way, THAT DICK IS COMIN OFF.

I'm somewhat surprised that the article does not publish his real/full name, despite no formal charges having been pressed. The University is allegedly bound by privacy laws, but Rolling Stone isn't. And if the allegations are true, then it is not libelous. Someone should also torch that frathouse.

How the fuck do rapists even get it up? I would imagine the whole lifeless or resisting nature to be a bit of turnoff

Agreed. Plus, I can't imagine it is like comfortably sliding into your mom's warm wet poon. Who wants to jam their schlong into a dry vice?

I'm struck by the differences in opinions on the UVA and UNC boards about their respective problems.

richmond_horse001b.jpg

What a sickening story. I imagine it has/had to be pretty difficult for the Vietnam vet dad to not want to take matters into his own hands with the perpetrators.

I'm somewhat surprised that the article does not publish his real/full name, despite no formal charges having been pressed. The University is allegedly bound by privacy laws, but Rolling Stone isn't. And if the allegations are true, then it is not libelous. Someone should also torch that frathouse.

Im a former frat star myself and I just cant imagine this stuff happening, or, if it did, that everyone wouldnt know about it. I agree with you that this guys full name should be used.

On a somewhat related note, there is a very publicized alleged sexual assault case ongoing at Tennessee. Our star football player has been accused by a girl. The early rumors coming out are that it was his buddy's gf and she freaked out, told the buddy it was rape, and then he called the police. No one knows what really happened though.

I have been extremely proud of my university of handling the situation with care by suspending the player before charges were even filed. The media has done well by saying that if facts come out one way, either that he assaulted her or she lied about him doing it, that the person who is as fault should face serious repercussions. From here, the facts will dictate the result. I can not imagine encouraging someone to push this under the rug. If Tennessee can go after their most high profile player, UVA can go after fraternity kids.

I'm struck by the differences in opinions on the UVA and UNC boards about their respective problems.

Seems similar to this board during the GMA piece. Heck, i read a lookout joke yesterday

What a difficult read.

"These schools love to pretend they protect the children as if they were their own, but that's not true: They're interested in money," Murphy says. "In these situations, the one who gets the most protection is either a wealthy kid, a legacy kid or an athlete. The more privileged he is, the more likely the woman has to die before he's held accountable." - a sobering and pertinent quote to many issues in the higher education landscape today.

I have friends in law enforcement around here, including a couple in the victims rights area. The UVA administration has a terrible rep for sitting on and doing nothing with rape and sexual assault complaints. While this happens at all schools, the real story here according to 1 friend is that UVA goes beyond most other schools in terms of protecting the alleged perpetrators, not protecting the victims and being extremely difficult to get accurate info out of on their statistics.

BTW, I like some of the tags. Yeah, it is somehow appropriate this is Mr. Jefferson's University.

Another one of the key statements was from the administrator that no one wants to go to the rape university. Well a university can develop that reputation by not prosecuting rape and obscuring the facts if people are willing to come forward. This Rolling Stone article is a start.

One of the biggest takeaways for me was the fact that a large portion of rapes are carried out by serial rapists. Reporting and prosecuting rapes have the potential to save lots of victims.

Agreed. I want it to be, and feel, easy for women to report it immediately.

And I think one of the keys to that is men like the ones on this thread who are reviled by this shit, who she would know would come to her aide and defense. Who would stand by her for reporting (if we could resist going into the frat house and spraying bullets). Her male friends were pussies, more worried about ratting out the frat system than helping her and, in turn, the next victims. WGAF? your friend has been raped! Fuck the frat system at that point.

Last edited:
Her male friends were pussies, more worried about ratting out the frat system than helping her and, in turn, the next victims. .

Pretty much every "quote" from a person in that story is fairly unbelievable, from drew's quote that he had a good time, to take "its" leg to "we all had to do it"

Agreed. I want it to be, and feel, easy for women to report it immediately.

And I think one of the keys to that is men like the ones on this thread who are reviled by this shit, who she would know would come to her aide and defense. Who would stand by her for reporting (if we could resist going into the frat house and spraying bullets). Her male friends were pussies, more worried about ratting out the frat system than helping her and, in turn, the next victims. WGAF if your friend has been raped? Fuck the frat system at that point.

It's not necessarily the prosecution of the crimes thereof. Administratively as a school, once you have your disciplinary hearing, you should expel the offending student - in contrast to what UVA apparently does. That's what the school can do.

From a criminal prosecution perspective, cops and prosecutors generally hate acquaintance rape cases for 2 reasons - they're extremely hard to win, and the victim often backs out midway through. From the article, it sounds like a lot of victims call friends and/or go back to their dorm rooms/apartments. And if they are going to report it, they report it to the university rep sometime later. You have almost no hope of a criminal prosecution at that point. If you want to prosecute an acquaintance rape case, you've got to go straight to the hospital or school medical center, do the rape kit, take pictures and have the medical folks call the police. Imagine yourself as a juror in such a case. If all you see/hear is fairly credible testimony from both the victim and defendant without any physical evidence, you're not going to convict that defendant. But if you also have testimony from a cop, a doc and photos of her in a roughed up state, then you have something winnable. And the school as part of freshmen indoctrination should be providing women with information on what services are available through the school and on where to go and how to report criminally these cases if that's the route they want to pursue.

It's not necessarily the prosecution of the crimes thereof. Administratively as a school, once you have your disciplinary hearing, you should expel the offending student - in contrast to what UVA apparently does. That's what the school can do.

From a criminal prosecution perspective, cops and prosecutors generally hate acquaintance rape cases for 2 reasons - they're extremely hard to win, and the victim often backs out midway through. From the article, it sounds like a lot of victims call friends and/or go back to their dorm rooms/apartments. And if they are going to report it, they report it to the university rep sometime later. You have almost no hope of a criminal prosecution at that point. If you want to prosecute an acquaintance rape case, you've got to go straight to the hospital or school medical center, do the rape kit, take pictures and have the medical folks call the police. Imagine yourself as a juror in such a case. If all you see/hear is fairly credible testimony from both the victim and defendant without any physical evidence, you're not going to convict that defendant. But if you also have testimony from a cop, a doc and photos of her in a roughed up state, then you have something winnable. And the school as part of freshmen indoctrination should be providing women with information on what services are available through the school and on where to go and how to report criminally these cases if that's the route they want to pursue.

yep. Women need to feel comfortable with reporting immediately. The support of men like us is key to that.

BUT HOW CAN WE KNOW IF THEY'RE TELLING THE TRUTH?!?!?!?! THIS IS SOMEHOW DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER TYPE OF CRIME REPORTING!!!!!11

Who would want to be friends/brothers with a bunch of guys who gang rape an 18year old at a party. I dont care how cool you "think" some dude is, when he asks you to join his gang rape, you beat his ass. WTF??

Back