• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

I can't wait to see Stewart obliterate O'Reilly in their debate.

I can't wait to see Stewart obliterate O'Reilly in their debate.

You're seriously going to fork over five dollars to see those two buffoons talk at each other for an hour or so?

For charity and entertainment, why not?

And Stewart isn't a buffoon.

For charity and entertainment, why not?

And Stewart isn't a buffoon.

Right, he's a visionary. What was I thinking?

It's amusing to see him unleash all that self-righteous indignation over bias from Fox News when he basically does the exact same thing. He plays clips of the other side saying and doing stupid or hypocritical things and laughs at them. Sure, he'll make the occasional joke at the expense of Democrats, but anyone who has ever watched O'Reilly knows that he doesn't exclusively target Democrats himself. Why do you think these two get along so well? They are cut out of the same cloth.

This. I like TR most the time, but he keeps a very short list of people who aren't idiots.

I don't think they are idiots. I think they are buffoons. This is from dictionary.com, if this doesn't describe Stewart, I don't know what does:

"noun
a person who amuses others by tricks, jokes, odd gestures and postures, etc. "

It's amusing to see him unleash all that self-righteous indignation over bias from Fox News when he basically does the exact same thing. He plays clips of the other side saying and doing stupid or hypocritical things and laughs at them. Sure, he'll make the occasional joke at the expense of Democrats, but anyone who has ever watched O'Reilly knows that he doesn't exclusively target Democrats himself. Why do you think these two get along so well? They are cut out of the same cloth.

Game recognize game

I don't think they are idiots. I think they are buffoons. This is from dictionary.com, if this doesn't describe Stewart, I don't know what does:

"noun

Fair enough. Still think you keep a very short list of people who aren't buffoons, idiots, or hacks. It's all good though.

Fair enough. Still think you keep a very short list of people who aren't buffoons, idiots, or hacks. It's all good though.

A very short list of people whose opinions are commonly discussed on the Tunnels, sure.

Last edited:

"noun

Fair enough.

Except one of them freely admits that he's a comedian while the other claims to be an unbiased member of the newsmedia whose parent company then treats him as such. Big difference.

Except one of them freely admits that he's a comedian while the other claims to be an unbiased member of the newsmedia whose parent company then treats him as such. Big difference.

Not really. They are both still buffoons that parrot talking points. What difference does the network they are on make? O'Reilly could be on ESPN and Stewart could be on VH1 and they'd both still be buffoons parroting talking points.

Which is a huge, massive distinction. As a liberal comedian, Stewart is one of the most bitingly influential political satirists, of all time.

The other big difference between the two -- Stewart nearly always passes fact check, while O'Reilly very often doesn't. But O'Reilly is the only one to put on airs.

Last edited:
Which is a huge, massive distinction. As a liberal comedian, Stewart is one of the most bitingly influential political satirists, of all time.

The other big difference between the two -- Stewart nearly always passes fact check, O'Reilly nearly always doesn't. But O'Reilly is the only one to put on airs.

this

"noun

Ok, that's fair. Wasn't the definition that came to my mind at first, but it certainly works for Stewart.

Buffoon is usually about a clown or a jester. It's not usually tied into being a political satirist.

yeah. i'd say there's a connotation of low-bro humor there, but i really couldnt care less.

Back