• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

yeah. i'd say there's a connotation of low-bro humor there, but i really couldnt care less.

Of course there is a connotation of low-brow humor. What is high-brow about Stewart's satire? He plays clips that demonstrate obvious hypocrisy and then makes funny faces and giggles. He's no Jonathan Swift. Besides, the real laughs in the Daily Show come from politicians contradicting themselves with a straight face. Credit for that goes to the researchers and writers.

Of course there is a connotation of low-brow humor. What is high-brow about Stewart's satire? He plays clips that demonstrate obvious hypocrisy and then makes funny faces and giggles. He's no Jonathan Swift. Besides, the real laughs in the Daily Show come from politicians contradicting themselves with a straight face. Credit for that goes to the researchers and writers.

meh... i guess we have diff views on low-brow vs. high brow. most all political satire is high-brow as low-brow is generally gallows humor. i don't consider what stewart does to be gallows humor.

meh... i guess we have diff views on low-brow vs. high brow. most all political satire is high-brow as low-brow is generally gallows humor. i don't consider what stewart does to be gallows humor.

It's pretty easy. For TR, low brow=equals anything that doesn't kiss the GOP's ass.

BTW, Stewart does write and run the writing room. He's not just a talking head. The show is his taste and his choices.

This one's pretty good:

‎"As Mitt Romney slowly enumerates all possible actions he won't take, by process of elimination, we'll figure out what he will do. It's like a game of political minesweeper - only, if you click on the wrong square, your social security explodes."
-Colbert

Tim Kaine just said he would be open to instituting a minimum federal income tax for all.

I'll take "Things not to say, even if you believe it's true, when you're up 4 points on your Republican opponent in a nationally important Senate race" for $1600, Alex.

Tim Kaine just said he would be open to instituting a minimum federal income tax for all.

I'll take "Things not to say, even if you believe it's true, when you're up 4 points on your Republican opponent in a nationally important Senate race" for $1600, Alex.

Facepalm

make it stop

Really. Tim, man, just smile and STFU.

romney_strapped_47_percent_to_roof.jpg

This killed me:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mitt's Dog again.

No one has answered my questions yet, and I really would like to see someone take a stab at answering them. Explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones view themselves as victims. And second, explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones are moochers who take no responsibility for their lives.

No one has answered my questions yet, and I really would like to see someone take a stab at answering them. Explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones view themselves as victims. And second, explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones are moochers who take no responsibility for their lives.

Perhaps we should all voluntarily support deserving people in need as much as we can and ask our friends and family to do the same. Mit Romney (apparently) at least tries to do that to some degree. Vice President Biden apparently does not.

Perhaps we should all voluntarily support deserving people in need as much as we can and ask our friends and family to do the same. Mit Romney (apparently) at least tries to do that to some degree. Vice President Biden apparently does not.

Not sure I understand your post. Are you talking about charitable giving? If so, most of us could probably do better.

Regardless, your response does not address my questions. I really want someone to explain to me how the following types of 47%ers are not taking personal responsibility for lives and leeching off of America: a senior on SSRet benes who has worked for 45-50 years; a working parent in a $30K year job (is that not better than being on welfare?); a truly disabled vet or citizen who has served/worked some period of years; a soldier on active duty in a combat zone; or a full-time student. How have all these people harmed our society, and why do they all feel like victims?

I still laugh every time I see this thread title, btw.

Back