• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

I am sure there are several Miami (OH) grads that are geniuses.

My uncle, who works in a conservative thinktank, and who I consider to be a pretty intelligent guy graduated from Miami (OH). It's not a bad school, at all. Most of his family went there, as well, and are doing well in life.

If those returns are ever released, this board will implode.

I agree they would go nuts. My question is, why doesn't anyone in the media question Obama about why he sealed ALL of his college records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard? It's not drug use, he's already admitted to using cocaine and smoking the ol' devil weed. It's not a run-in with campus police because no one would care. It's not grades, because well, who cares about grades.

So, it begs the question. Why did Obama go to such lengths to have ALL of his college records sealed at all 3 colleges/universities?????

I agree they would go nuts. My question is, why doesn't anyone in the media question Obama about why he sealed ALL of his college records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard? It's not drug use, he's already admitted to using cocaine and smoking the ol' devil weed. It's not a run-in with campus police because no one would care. It's not grades, because well, who cares about grades.

So, it begs the question. Why did Obama go to such lengths to have ALL of his college records sealed at all 3 colleges/universities?????

Why won't Mitt Romney release a significant portion of his tax returns, something that every other recent Presidential candidate, including his FATHER, have done?

Why do you want to change the subject?

I'm guessing that it's any combination of things. I'm sure he took classes that could be criticized by the right and that may alienate voters. One look at what happened when Michelle's thesis was released probably made that a really easy decision. It also could be grades. Ta-Nehisi Coates had a great article in Atlantic this month. Obama has to constantly be "better than." If he got bad grades, then he'd get destroyed in the press.

Romney certainly should have not said what he said. It will be but a blip. Obama's cling to guns and religion was more flammable simply because it invoked the 2nd Amendment issues and religious issues. Romney's economic policies will help all Americans because they will create jobs, and with jobs comes growth and with growth comes revenues and not as much of a drain on the Treasury for Medicaid, Food stamps, Unemployment, etc.

Lest we forget in the depths of these tremendous topics, over 23,000,000 Americans of all colors, stripes, and faiths are OUT OF WORK and that doesn't include the LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED so let's at least all agree that the one guy who's had 4 years to show progress hasn't shown us diddly squat on the job front and let's give someone else who has a track record of understanding the economy and actually LEADING on budget issues take over and try his hand for 4 years. If there are still 23,000,000 Americans unemployed in four years, well here's the deal: Re-elect Obama THEN for his second term but NOT NOW!!!!

Romney certainly should have not said what he said. It will be but a blip. Obama's cling to guns and religion was more flammable simply because it invoked the 2nd Amendment issues and religious issues. Romney's economic policies will help all Americans because they will create jobs, and with jobs comes growth and with growth comes revenues and not as much of a drain on the Treasury for Medicaid, Food stamps, Unemployment, etc.

Lest we forget in the depths of these tremendous topics, over 23,000,000 Americans of all colors, stripes, and faiths are OUT OF WORK and that doesn't include the LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED so let's at least all agree that the one guy who's had 4 years to show progress hasn't shown us diddly squat on the job front and let's give someone else who has a track record of understanding the economy and actually LEADING on budget issues take over and try his hand for 4 years. If there are still 23,000,000 Americans unemployed in four years, well here's the deal: Re-elect Obama THEN for his second term but NOT NOW!!!!

How do you know that Romney's economic policies will create jobs?

Why won't Mitt Romney release a significant portion of his tax returns, something that every other recent Presidential candidate, including his FATHER, have done?

Why do you want to change the subject?

The subject is what the Obama campaign is USING the quote "tax returns" to communicate, i.e., the topic is:

"What is Mitt Romney hiding by not releasing his tax returns?" (when in fact the most recent has been released)

So it is COMPLETELY on topic because :

"What is Barack Obama hiding by SEALING college records?" Time to treat both candidates the same and require the same transparency and stop giving Obama a pass. Wonder what's on those admission applications? or, or , or?

The subject is what the Obama campaign is USING the quote "tax returns" to communicate, i.e., the topic is:

"What is Mitt Romney hiding by not releasing his tax returns?" (when in fact the most recent has been released)

So it is COMPLETELY on topic because :

"What is Barack Obama hiding by SEALING college records?" Time to treat both candidates the same and require the same transparency and stop giving Obama a pass. Wonder what's on those admission applications? or, or , or?

Not really, because Mitt Romney has NOT done what every other recent Presidential candidate has. So you still haven't answered the first question, and are simply trying to dodge the question by bringing up Obama's college records. I think Strickland answered that question pretty well.

How do you know that Romney's economic policies will create jobs?

The energy plan alone would create 1 million jobs and add roughly $1 trillion to the annual GDP within 4 years. Lowering the corporate tax rate to put the US back in the more competitive position it was roughly 12-15 years ago would (a) stop corporations from moving as many jobs overseas or relocating; (b) allow us to recruit and bring jobs back to the U.S. that have left in some areas; (c) bring completely new businesses to the U.S. Stopping the government takeover of healthcare and the implementation of dozens of agencies and hiring of over 115,000 federal employees to run Obamacare and stopping the penalties and taxes and regulations imposed by Obamacare would take the biggest uncertainty out of hiring for small to medium size businesses, and initiate a hiring boom. Consumer confidence would grow and the economic engines would be restarted.

Not really, because Mitt Romney has NOT done what every other recent Presidential candidate has. So you still haven't answered the first question, and are simply trying to dodge the question by bringing up Obama's college records. I think Strickland answered that question pretty well.

I personally don't care about the tax returns or the college transcripts. Both are getting at attacks on candidates character and not policy related at all. If Obama releases his college transcripts I'd be first in line demanding more tax returns. Then of course I'd want to see the paperwork on the land deal between the Obamas and Tony Rezko, one more Chicago thug friend.

What matters is what the candidates will DO as President. We've seen what Obama would do in the next four years because he's already shown us he is not up to the job of leading this country's economic recovery. Mitt will try different things than Obama and why the hell not after no success the past 4 years in bringing this economy back?

As usual you missed the the context of Obama's statement. He said in spite of his unlikelihood of their support it was his duty to fight for every vote. He was going to be President of ALL Americans.

Romney said they would never vote for him and he wasn't going to try.

You can't be much more different than that.

I'm guessing that it's any combination of things. I'm sure he took classes that could be criticized by the right and that may alienate voters. One look at what happened when Michelle's thesis was released probably made that a really easy decision. It also could be grades. Ta-Nehisi Coates had a great article in Atlantic this month. Obama has to constantly be "better than." If he got bad grades, then he'd get destroyed in the press.

That may be the reason. As I said above, I think what the election should be about is not tax returns, college transcripts, growing up in Indonesia, etc.

This election should be about what the next President will do to fix this economy in the next four years, because it's not just about money any longer, our whole national security is at stake. We've seen what Obama did in his four years, and the economy is headed in reverse and I don't want to tread water for four more years or fall further behind. So let Mitt have his chance, then Obama is still available for four more years in 2016 if Mitt screws up.

That may be the reason. As I said above, I think what the election should be about is not tax returns, college transcripts, growing up in Indonesia, etc.

This election should be about what the next President will do to fix this economy in the next four years, because it's not just about money any longer, our whole national security is at stake. We've seen what Obama did in his four years, and the economy is headed in reverse and I don't want to tread water for four more years or fall further behind. So let Mitt have his chance, then Obama is still available for four more years in 2016 if Mitt screws up.

The American economy has headed in reverse since 2008? Do you remember what was happening in 2008?

None of Obama's college transcripts are sealed. Sealed is when something that is usually public is made private. The same can be said for Romney's tax records, although SOP says that presidential candidates release their tax records, not their college transcripts. So really equating the two is not apt... the onus is on Romney to do what is standard, not on Obama to do something that isn't normally done.

Address the last part of my statement RJ. I can guarantee you this tempest in a teapot will be over in the next news cycle, but the 23,000,000 Americans Obama has left out in the cold will still be looking for work.

Winner of simplistic post of the year.

The American economy has headed in reverse since 2008? Do you remember what was happening in 2008?

Reverse, stagnant, tread water, use whatever adjective you want. This economy is NOT WORKING and Obama's economic policies are a big drawback to getting it moving.

Winner of simplistic post of the year.

Thank you, I will cherish this award until, well, probably my next simplistic post. I think we need to see the forest instead of the trees sometime. This economy and this election is one of those times.

Reverse, stagnant, tread water, use whatever adjective you want. This economy is NOT WORKING and Obama's economic policies are a big drawback to getting it moving.

I think we've taken a huge step forward since 2008. It's not Obama's fault that Europe took a huge step backward

I don't even know where to begin with ncsportsnut1's assertions. Is he a parody?

Last edited:
Back