• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman

Mike Buddie was all in this one.

He often talked about spending 5 hrs in Clawson's kitchen convincing him to come to Wake.

biff with the softball slow pitch right down the middle.

He definitely deserves to do so with all he’s accomplished for the university. He invented Opening The Gate and the motorcycle.

I've heard Ronny is President in waiting as everyone knows only a man can really do that job. Wake has even thrown it a lifetime supply of Neutrogena products and bike helmets to sweeten the deal!

I disliked the guy as much as anybody did, but you've got to give the guy some credit though. He hired the 2 best football coaches we've had and we had some great facility upgrades during his time. I'll just never understand how he could've looked at Jeffrey B. and thought "here's the guy I want for our basketball program." I don't know if Jeffrey had some kind of bad pictures of Wellman and it was black mail or what, but still can't wrap my head around that one.

This is the way you OGboards right here guys. Well done Biff !

But in all seriousness, Ron does deserve credit for having a lot to do with elevating our football program, as well as facilities.

Back