• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman

I've heard Ronny is President in waiting as everyone knows only a man can really do that job. Wake has even thrown it a lifetime supply of Neutrogena products and bike helmets to sweeten the deal!

Q'A-Ron !!

We also have Ron to thank for the coach's shows not taking callers anymore. Caldwell had to sit there for years taking tough calls, but Ron's little buddy Jeffrey couldn't handle it, so they stopped it.

Soon to be HOF Ron Wellman, by the way.

*In all seriousness, he belongs there. He clearly failed the basketball program with some inexplicable hires - especially [Redacted], but he was a net positive for the University and the Athletic Department.

We also have Ron to thank for the coach's shows not taking callers anymore. Caldwell had to sit there for years taking tough calls, but Ron's little buddy Jeffrey couldn't handle it, so they stopped it.

The "...YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT..... BUDDY!" might have been the highlight of those dark times. If Wellman is acknowledged at a game, I'll give him a golf clap and that's about it. We're still digging out of the basketball destruction.

The only thing I would criticize Wellman for is not building a smaller arena when we had the chance. Ultimately, that is what led to the rocky times for the basketball program.

The only thing I would criticize Wellman for is not building a smaller arena when we had the chance. Ultimately, that is what led to the rocky times for the basketball program.
DR clone!!

Fair point. But he could have named Wes Miller as walk-on/head coach and the rest would have taken care of itself.

I give Ron credit for at least letting his ego get out of the way so others could decide to hire Clawson instead of Lembo. Ron didn't want Clawson.

Back