• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roopstigo: Auburn bribed players, changed grades under Chizik

BobHWS

Reaction score
The biggest question I have is what does this mean for Muschamp?

So glad Wake Forest has good culture. If not I'd be hertbrokn.

shocker.jpg

Auburn is in the SEC. News at 11.

The author says she is working on a part 2 about the boosters. :popcorn:

This is nothing more than a distraction from Bammer because the updyke trial is about to begin. Its a non-story from a has-been writer who got fired from the NYT and is now desperate for attention. The NCAA spent over a year digging into Auburn and Cam, and found nothing. And besides that, every player quoted in the article is tweeting that its all made up.

This is nothing more than a distraction from Bammer because the updyke trial is about to begin. Its a non-story from a has-been writer who got fired from the NYT and is now desperate for attention. The NCAA spent over a year digging into Auburn and Cam, and found nothing. And besides that, every player quoted in the article is tweeting that its all made up.
Can you provide the tweets? I checked out the Auburn and Alabama boards and didn't see them mentioned.

Wellman is wet. Auburn has a championship. Which one do you prefer.

2d70029d912fee26dc07bc5e96ff1b77-500x254.gif

Thanks. One guy says it's crap and another says he doesn't know who she is- neither of those are really denials that they said what they're quoted as saying. I doubt she made up quotes and would not be surprised if she has the recordings to back it up- anyway, those are both minor players in the article. Edited to say in a follow up tweet Blanc states, "none of that stuff that she said I said is true." And Bates now admits he did talk to her but forgot her name. And he adds he didn't say anything bad about Auburn, which fits with his quote in the article:
“He was the best teammate you could imagine,” says former Tigers linebacker Daren Bates. “He took me under his wing. He would draw up defenses. And we’d watch film. He was a mentor to everyone.”

Last edited:
Neiko Thorpe has also tweeted: "While I spoke to Selena Roberts about Mike I have just read her article & not only am I misquoted but my words are very out of context. We didn't talk about NCAA violations or recruiting. I'm proud 2 have played at Auburn & the opportunities it gave me"

I guess there's a chance she's just making up quotes and putting them in people's mouths- but I doubt it. I think it's more likely these guys are embarrassed. If she is just making stuff up she could be sued- and someone like Neiko Thorpe certainly has the money to do it, if he wanted to.

Back