• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roseanne show cancelled! Big cajones from Disney!

I saw someone said she tweeted something racist but had no idea how bad it was until I clicked on a story. I don't think it is an example of big cajones from Disney, this had to be a no brainer.

really weird to watch the Roseanne story arc on the Larry Sanders Show these days

I saw someone said she tweeted something racist but had no idea how bad it was until I clicked on a story. I don't think it is an example of big cajones from Disney, this had to be a no brainer.

This show was worth 9 figures to them. Disney will be alienating a large audience.

Plus, it will piss off Trump. I'm shocked he hasn't said anything yet.

What will the new show be? Maybe they could kill her off and give Dan a show. I dont know. I'm just spitballin' here.

WTF was she thinking? I mean, I know comics will say racially tinged things during their acts or on roasts. But if you have a show on TV you can't tweet crap like this. And this is nothing new. Just ask Tom Brookshire, Jimmy the Greek and Ben Wright. What can possibly be going through your head when you type those words and hit send?

Am interested in seeing if Fox or another network picks her back up.

They brought back a show starring an open bigot and conspiracy theorist, made a bunch of money, and defended her and the show until she finally went too far.

ABC President two months ago:

You can't talk about the show without discussing Roseanne Barr's personal politics. Last night she had a Nazi tweet that was quickly deleted. How are you handling things like that?

This is the first I'm hearing about that tweet; I had no idea about that tweet. But to answer your question, I've talked about this before: I really only worry about the things that I can control. Roseanne has a whole team of people who work with her and they are helping her manage her feed and all the rest of that. That isn't in my purview, so I don't feel like it's my job to manage it.

Link

Good for ABC/Disney. Its about time someone in this country puts doing the right thing over getting dollars.

Brookie was part of the NFL's first super-broadcast team along with Pat Summerall. Before that he was an All-Pro DB. During the 1983 college bball season, NC State played L'ville and Brookie said the two teams had an absurdly low combined IQ. He apologized, got suspended but was reinstated.

I think Ben Wright got kicked off broadcasting golf due to making a statement about lesbians ruining the LPGA.

This says it's not cancelled.

33849809_2106392792787097_5577442344447246336_n.png

So I just googled about her tweeting history. I didn't realize how political she has gotten and how anti-Semitic she is. How the hell did she get her show back on a major network with her history of anti-Semitic tweeting? Also gotta wonder if Whitney Cummings and Wanda Sykes knew what they were getting into in helping produce that show.

So I just googled about her tweeting history. I didn't realize how political she has gotten and how anti-Semitic she is. How the hell did she get her show back on a major network with her history of anti-Semitic tweeting? Also gotta wonder if Whitney Cummings and Wanda Sykes knew what they were getting into in helping produce that show.

How could they not know? Roseanne has frequently been in the news for this kind of stuff at least since the beginning of the 2016 campaign. Her Twitter antics basically got her the visibility to reboot that show in the first place.

Maybe the fat stupid people will stop going to Disney. That would be a plus.

Back