• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

What are the legitimate points in the article? Let's move beyond sensationalism and partisanship and have a conversation.

I think it is right to discuss the qualifications of Trumps appointments. I don't think it is productive to call them racists. Personal attacks aren't productive to real discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is right to discuss the qualifications of Trumps appointments. I don't think it is productive to call them racists. Personal attacks aren't productive to real discussion.

Even if they were previously denied Senate confirmation because they were found to be racist? If that was a good enough ground to deny confirmation in 1980, it should certainly be good enough now

So if a nominee didn't get appointed for another position because the Senate thought he acted in a racist fashion, that shouldn't be discussed? If after that time he worked to disenfranchise some members of one race from voting that shouldn't be discussed?

Evidence that a nominee subscribes to philosophy in which white people are superior to other races is certainly part of the discussion of qualifications. I would hope such information would not be left out.

I wouldn't want Perry anywhere in my cabinet. He's the guy who volunteers to be in a safe place during the SOTU address and then blows up the rest of the government so he can become POTUS. Perry and Carson are bad picks. No real problems with the others except for Rex, which would probably go over better if he was in an industry that wasn't oil or banking. On the other hand, SoS is essentially a glorified fluffer/schmoozer job, and he has related experience. Truthfully, Trump is laughed at if he picks an insider like Romney and then blasted if he picks an outside guy like Tillerson. The thing with Tillerson is it is more consistent with the "drain the swamp" mission, even if he is a kazillionaire.

I will add that he seems to be putting people in positions of power who have long complained about federal overreach, whether it be into the states or business. I'm guessing that he will make them put their money where their mouth is and come up with plans to stem that overreach or they will be out on their ass. The one thing I will give Trump is he seems to have an incredible work ethic and doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes a lot of plays off. People like that expect people who work for them to show a similar work ethic.

I will add that he seems to be putting people in positions of power who have long complained about federal overreach, whether it be into the states or business. I'm guessing that he will make them put their money where their mouth is and come up with plans to stem that overreach or they will be out on their ass. The one thing I will give Trump is he seems to have an incredible work ethic and doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes a lot of plays off. People like that expect people who work for them to show a similar work ethic.

Lol. Trump is either taking a ton of plays off or playing a game other than being PEOTUS.

Doubt Bolton get nominated. Neither Bolten nor Flynn fit with Tillerson or Mattis. Flynn doesn't require confirmation, but would not be shocked if he gets pulled or gets a quick hook. Trump dumped both Lewandowski and Manafort during the campaign, so loyalty only goes so far (Rudy, Christie, Newt). Tillerson's a lot more important to Trump than Flynn or Bolton, so he wouldn't mind sacrificing either. Carson and Perry are clowns, but thankfully no Palin so far.

Bring tea for the Tillerson
Steak for the sun
Wine for the women who made the rain come
Seagulls sing your hearts away
'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play

Oh Lord how they play and play
For that happy day, for that happy day

Wonder where "not taking daily intelligent briefing reports" falls.

Even if they were previously denied Senate confirmation because they were found to be racist? If that was a good enough ground to deny confirmation in 1980, it should certainly be good enough now

There is plenty of evidence that points to him not being a racist. Going that route is partisan Hackery (if that is a word).

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a...s-spent-20-years-praising-him/article/2609509

I am not a fan of Sessions hard line stance against Marijuana. That is a valid concern for me. People crying racist is not. It is these line of attack last that make Trump a viable candidate.

Not sure how after this election you can't see that.

Last edited:
There is plenty of evidence that points to him not being a racist. Going that route is partisan Hackery (if that is a word).

OK. So let's see all the evidence so senators can make informed decisions. What's wrong with that?

Were the email and Benghazi hearings partisan hackery, too? Why are pubs suddenly so scared of the very accountability measure that they have promoted and abused on the tax payers' dime for the last eight years?

OK. So let's see all the evidence so senators can make informed decisions. What's wrong with that?

I posted a link above. Here is Biden saying we should give him a chance in the hearing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...olitics/biden-sotu-sessions-racism/index.html

There is plenty of evidence. I googled the guys name. If you want to read up the pros and cons of Jeff sessions you can. Rather than label him as a singular horrific entity it might be better to have a more rounded view of his career.

It is these line of attack last that make Trump a viable candidate.
Not sure how after this election you can't see that.

This is every other post by Wrangor now. "Oh, you said something critical of Trump/his appointees -- that's why Trump won".

*spit coffee on keyboard*

Were the email and Benghazi hearings partisan hackery, too? Why are pubs suddenly so scared of the very accountability measure that they have promoted and abused on the tax payers' dime for the last eight years?

Who is scared? Sessions and all other nominees should absolutely go before review.

I posted a link above. Here is Biden saying we should give him a chance in the hearing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...olitics/biden-sotu-sessions-racism/index.html

There is plenty of evidence. I googled the guys name. If you want to read up the pros and cons of Jeff sessions you can. Rather than label him as a singular horrific entity it might be better to have a more rounded view of his career.

I feel like a lot of posters have discussed him and his career on here already. What is your more rounded view of his career, Wrangor?

Who is scared? Sessions and all other nominees should absolutely go before review.

Partisan hackery?

Back