• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

It's funny that the potential for making Romney SOS scored points with a lot of the pubs who didn't vote for Trump on here, when really he was just fucking with the guy the whole time.

Maximum. Public. Humiliation.

ba443d6581aed7e95ba555b5ccc45029.jpg

I wonder what Ronald Reagan would say about modern Republicans being against investigating Russian attempts to influence our elections.

Into the political bloviating category. The government is full of redundancy, and a daily intel briefing would appear to be unnecessary barring a change of circumstances. It's great to point to if there's an attack on American soil as the reason for the attack, but if he sat through 2 or 3 of these things that were all the same and decided they weren't necessary, well fuck, that's something we'd all like to do where we work, is it not?

So basically you are 100% buying the Trump rhetoric that it's all redundant. That even though there are almost 200 countries in this world, the "just talk to me once a week or so, I have to meet with Kanye" policy.

Didn't Obama blow off about half of his security briefings at one point in his presidency. I remember that being a thing.

I personally would prefer the peotus/potus making it a priority. Just another demerit on the record of trump. When is this guy going to do something good. Maybe I can give him some praise when he cuts my taxes. Whoopeee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Obama blow off about half of his security briefings at one point in his presidency. I remember that being a thing.

I personally would prefer the peotus/potus making it a priority. Just another demerit on the record of trump. When is this guy going to do something good. Maybe I can give him some praise when he cuts my taxes. Whoopeee!

Fake news?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ebee9c66e190_blog.html?utm_term=.9d89cae74a34

Yea and Trump actually tweeted about it back in 2014 railing Obama for not reading them. The guy is a fucking joke. Honestly at what point do the trump shills finally acknowledge that this guy is full of shit? His antics are unsustainable and have made hyperpartisanship even more unbearable than what it already was. And he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Last edited:

Honest question. Is trump receiving he briefings written down like reagan did and apparently Obama does 60% of the time or is he actually not receiving the information in a purposeful effort.

Seems the obama news was due to him changing format from in person 95% of the time to in person 45% of the time and written 55% of the time.

Just curious to the facts surrounding Trump.

Good article Birdman. That explained the scenario. I couldn't remember it exactly but I did recall it being out in social media circles.

Per CNN, Trump has apparently increased the frequency of his briefings to several times a week after the criticism he faced.

Honest question. Is trump receiving he briefings written down like reagan did and apparently Obama does 60% of the time or is he actually not receiving the information in a purposeful effort.

Trump told Chris Wallace that he takes intelligence briefings once a week and that they should contact him if anything changes. He also said Mike Pence takes the intelligence briefings everyday.

Guess who will be the biggest winner if Trump ends the sanctions on Russia?

EXXON/Mobil. The $500B deal that was killed by the sanctions will be immediately reinstated. But that's not a conflict of interest for SOS nominee Rex Tillerson...well not in Trump's world.

Trump taps Montana congressman Ryan Zinke as interior secretary

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-interior-secretary/?utm_term=.ef50ad33e726

At least this guy is against selling off federal land or giving it to the states to sell off. Better than some of the other choices he trotted out.

That's 1 silver lining. Another is he may have been the Pubs' best shot at knocking off Tester in 2018. Also announced is that Manchin isn't leaving the senate for the administration. If Heitkamp also stays, there is a decent chance that, despite the slew of Dem seats that are up in 2018, they may be able to withstand that onslaught and stay in the 47-48 range. Which means there will be less ground to make up in 2020. With a fairly undoubtedly unpopular Clinton as president in 2018, the Dems would easily have lost 3-5 seats. Either way, the next best thing that could happen in 2018 is that McCaskill steps aside and lets Kandar run next time around.

Apparently Don Jr. was involved in picking Zinke? Trump just doesn't get this conflict of interest stuff does he.

Last edited:
Back