• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Turns out Carrier is going to take the $16.5M investment in the Indiana plant to automate it, inevitably leading to more layoffs at their factory.

Good stuff Trump.

Guess people get what they deserve.

I get the impression that Trump made whatever money he has (still waiting on those tax returns) off the bottom, lets be generous, 50%. But now he's going to have to negotiate with, let's also be generous, the top 50%. I'll be interest to see if he can pull the same fast ones over on a much grander scale against much worthier opponents. My gut says there is no way.

Last edited:
How do you figure? From what I can tell Trump deals almost exclusively with other elites and hires the poors.

carrier trolls trump like trump trolling america with his cabinet picks

The Chinese are spitting their tea and wine laughing at Trump. if the pissants at Carrier can play Trump like this, they are licking their chops at the thought of getting into a room with Trump.

We probably should have a dedicated trump twitter today but in TTT (Trump Twitter Today) news we have the bashing of vanity fair for their poor review of trump grill, and on a more political front a lie about nobody caring about Russian hacking until after Hillary lost.

Renowned butcher Pat LaFrieda once dared me to eat an eyeball that he himself popped out of the skull of a roasted pig. That eyeball tasted better than the Trump Grill’s (Grille’s) Gold Label Burger, a Pat LaFrieda–branded short-rib burger blend molded into a sad little meat thing, sitting in the center of a massive, rapidly staling brioche bun, hiding its shame under a slice of melted orange cheese. It came with overcooked woody batons called “fries”—how can someone mess up fries?—and ketchup masquerading as Heinz. If the cheeseburger is a quintessential part of America’s identity, Trump’s pledge to “make America great again” suddenly appeared not very promising. (Presumably, Trump’s Great America tastes like an M.S.G.-flavored kitchen sponge lodged between two other sponges.)

Link

That is actually absurd, but it isn't 1/4 as absurd as the PEOTUS tweeting a childish response back to such a "dead" and troubled magazine.

"Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of @VanityFair Magazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!"

Last edited:
How many people would read vanity fairs article on trump grill originally and how many now read it because he is too thinned skin not to tweet about it? He is the child that you can just keep picking on because you will always get a reaction where as if they ignore it the picking stops. I'd say trumps tweet drove traffic to that article to 1000 times it's original viewership.

How many people would read vanity fairs article on trump grill originally and how many now read it because he is too thinned skin not to tweet about it? He is the child that you can just keep picking on because you will always get a reaction where as if they ignore it the picking stops. I'd say trumps tweet drove traffic to that article to 1000 times it's original viewership.

Which was the whole goal. No question Trump is willing to sacrifice the perception of his restaurant to feed the anti-media narrative. Hell, the rubes may be even more likely to eat there if they venture over to the Big Apple.

The WaPo actually gave a decent review of BLT Prime, the restaurant in his new DC hotel:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...608fbb3aaf6_story.html?utm_term=.17f18d453313

Originally, though, the hotel was going to have a flagship restaurant from Jose Andres and another from Geoffrey Zakarian, but they pulled out pretty much right after Trump declared his candidacy and made the statements about Mexicans. Both chefs are in the middle of lawsuits from Trump now.

you don't put a martini in a water glass...nor do you have ice floating in it...

you don't put a martini in a water glass...nor do you have ice floating in it...

To be fair vodka martini's are disgusting and gross just as a general concept. People should have stopped ordering them decades ago, but peasants gonna peasant.

Now that there are $50+/bottles of vodka, people think it's cool.

What never ceases to amaze me is how other posters log or take note of what I post. In some ways, I guess it could be considered a way of saying my posts are that important. The more likely answer that's it's really creepy that grown men are so obsessed with every morsel I type.

Now that there are $50+/bottles of vodka, people think it's cool.

What never ceases to amaze me is how other posters log or take note of what I post. In some ways, I guess it could be considered a way of saying my posts are that important. The more likely answer that's it's really creepy that grown men are so obsessed with every morsel I type.

Maybe Townie just has a good memory. Lots of people remember dialog they have with other people, even if it happened a while ago.

Back