• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy's seat gets hotter

one4theroad

Reaction score
Heard on the radio this morning that Roy is the first UNC coach since Frank McGuire to post 3 double-digit loss seasons in a row. Fwiw.

He's a bad bench coach, a phony personality, hiding a scandal, and an underperformer. An empty suit could have won natty's with some of his talent. The same empty suit could recruit to Carolina, too. I've never been impressed with Roy.

Still, can't argue results, dude wins championships.

He's a bad bench coach, a phony personality, hiding a scandal, and an underperformer. An empty suit could have won natty's with some of his talent. The same empty suit could recruit to Carolina, too. I've never been impressed with Roy.

Still, can't argue results, dude wins championships.

As many as Dean did in not near the amount of time.

He still shoulda won more than two with the talent he's had at Kansas and UNC. UNC was far and away the most talented team in both '05 (guys he didn't recruit, BTW) and '09. But those weren't the only years he had the most talent in CBB, by any stretch

In fairness, there was a good chunk of Dean's career that the league only got one bid.
But agree with the general idea.

I didn't pay any attention to the All-ACC teams, but I just saw the ACC Network graphic and UNC had NO 1st or 2nd team All-ACC players?

Wow. Can't remember the last time that happened...and I couldn't be happier.

GTHC,GTH!

Go To Hell Roy Williams! Go To Hell!

In fairness, there was a good chunk of Dean's career that the league only got one bid.
But agree with the general idea.

1983...my fucking dog could have won the title with that team and they didn't even make it to the final 8. Worst coaching job ever.

I didn't pay any attention to the All-ACC teams, but I just saw the ACC Network graphic and UNC had NO 1st or 2nd team All-ACC players?

Wow. Can't remember the last time that happened...and I couldn't be happier.

GTHC,GTH!

Go To Hell Roy Williams! Go To Hell!

They still have 6 McDonalds AA on their team. That is two fewer than Wake had had in its history.

They still have 6 McDonalds AA on their team. That is two fewer than Wake had had in its history.

And still, no 1st teamers.

Roy sucks.

But, it does resurrect the discussion- is a kid a McD AA before he signs with UNC or after?

Back