• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy's seat gets hotter

So he is a great coach overall, but just an average in game coach. I agree with that.

I'd put him and Kal squarely in the biggest slime ball college coaches of all time though.
Roy was a great overall coach in 2008, I don't think he's a great coach now. He may have a slight renaissance when K retires though. UNC isn't the sexiest choice for recruits anymore.

Meh, UNC is a top 10-12 favorite for this years national title and a top 5 favorite for next years national title (if NCAA doesn't ban!). And their '14 recruiting class was really really great.

Roy can't coach. One of RJ's favorite pet theories. Need I say more.

Meh, UNC is a top 10-12 favorite for this years national title and a top 5 favorite for next years national title (if NCAA doesn't ban!). And their '14 recruiting class was really really great.
6 McDonald's All Americans, a bunch of upperclassmen, no major injuries, and his title odds are 50/1 up there with Notre Dame and Iowa State. I'm sure Mike Brey and Fred Hoiberg would consider it a compliment that Roy needs 6 burger boys to compete with them.

You are talking out both sides of your mouth. On one hand you are saying Roy is losing his recruiting edge, but on the other hand you are saying he is loaded with burger boys so having the 10th best team in the country is nothing to be happy about. Which one is it?

Since when is UNC the 10th best team in the country? They beat a UVa team that isn't the same with Anderson injured in a practical home game in Greensboro by a couple points. Let's calm down a little bit

Roy was a great overall coach in 2008, I don't think he's a great coach now. He may have a slight renaissance when K retires though. UNC isn't the sexiest choice for recruits anymore.

Apparently Roy Williams' last great recruits left in 2012, but somehow he managed to beat Rick Pitino, Mike Krzysewski, John Calipari and Tom Izzo last year head to head. He went 4-1 against the top 3 teams in the country last year without any great recruits (moving into first place all time against AP#1 teams).

Roy's placed in the 4 of the last 5 ACC Finals. K has 1/2 that number.

Since Roy Williams' last great recruits left, K has lost not once but twice to double digit seeds in the first round of the NCAAT. Roy has never lost in the first round of the NCAAT; actually undefeated.

Last edited:
This is isn't a UNC board. No one gives a shit what you have to say. Hell, my dad went to Chapel Hill and I sure as hell don't care.

Since when is UNC the 10th best team in the country? They beat a UVa team that isn't the same with Anderson injured in a practical home game in Greensboro by a couple points. Let's calm down a little bit

UNC is pretty good, especially with Justin Jackson playing a bit better. They were -1 against Duke at home, -4.5 vs L'vile, +4 against UVA, -3 against ND today. I would think they would be slightly favored over Oklahoma, Iowa St, Maryland type teams. Who are 10 teams you think would be neutral court faves over UNC?

I don't even like UNC, I cheer against them every game and will be cheering against them tonight, I'm just objectively saying they are pretty good.

Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo in Detroit (twice in the same year, once for the national title). Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo in East Lansing. Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo in Chapel Hill. Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo when Roy Williams was #1. Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo when Tom Izzo was #1. Roy Williams ran out of ways to beat Tom Izzo on dry land so then Roy Williams beat Tom Izzo on a boat in front of the President of the United States, just to find new and different ways to make beating Tom Izzo interesting in order to stave off the boredom of beating Tom Izzo .

24gvaqt.jpg

Tom Izzo has never beaten Roy Williams' Tar Heels. You can have Tom Izzo. Give me Roy Williams.

Look, I hate Huckleberry Hound and UNC as much as anybody, and jhmd if we're being truthful. But this post is pure artistry. Posts like this is why message boards were invented.

UNC is pretty good, especially with Justin Jackson playing a bit better. They were -1 against Duke at home, -4.5 vs L'vile, +4 against UVA, -3 against ND today.

Again, a huge element of those lines is the ACCT games are in Greensboro. Vegas isn't stupid. And they didn't come close to covering the Duke spread on their home floor.

They've lost 10 games. Maybe you could argue they're playing like a top 10 team at this moment, and I guess I could go along with that, barely. Although it wasn't that long ago State held them to 46 at the Dean Dome

Back