• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rubio

Christie is just unfit, period.

Immigration reform should be done by 2016 or the GOP won't be able to run on doing the thing they spent 4 years obstructing. C'mon, man.

Disagree about Obama being more style than substance. Most reporters are idiots so they report on the style because they didn't understand the substance. But Obama's 2008 campaign was very detailed on energy, education, and health care. Reporters focused on the post-partisan schtick because that's all their puny brains can understand. But Obama's hit a lot of policy notes and he's delivered on a good bit of it. Sure, he didn't get everything, but nobody does.

pun intended?

Perhaps the most offensive thing I have ever had posted about me.

Back to the issue. If Christie is the nominee pretty much every Dem on his board is going to spend whatever time they have on these boards explaining why he is unfit for office.

I not a Rubio fan but he does give the pubs a chance I at least shift some of the minority debate. Christie at the top of the ticket with Rubio as his VP pushing immigration reform is a stron ticket regardless of whether Rubio is Cuban, Mexican, etc.

Rubio is not Herman Cain no matter how much the Dems want him to be. He is more style than substance but Obama was elected primarily on style.

Christie isn't going to kowtow to the base (in my opinion). If Rubio can provide the dual role of keeping the fat cats happy and perhaps beginning a shift in the minority and immigrant debate then he plays a major role.

Haven't they learned already that having a minority figurehead doesn't make up for the bad policies and attitudes against minorities?

Christie is just unfit, period.

Immigration reform should be done by 2016 or the GOP won't be able to run on doing the thing they spent 4 years obstructing. C'mon, man.

Disagree about Obama being more style than substance. Most reporters are idiots so they report on the style because they didn't understand the substance. But Obama's 2008 campaign was very detailed on energy, education, and health care. Reporters focused on the post-partisan schtick because that's all their puny brains can understand. But Obama's hit a lot of policy notes and he's delivered on a good bit of it. Sure, he didn't get everything, but nobody does.

I didn't say that Obama had no substance. I said he wasn't elected on substance. Style is an asset if you back it up with substance. Rubio still has a lot to prove but his convention speech this year was VERY well received across the board and he is already making the case for immigration reform which is very important for the party

The story line for this board if and when Christie runs for president is how he has run to the hard right and sold his soul for a nomination. That will e the airy whether he does it or not. I happen to think he won't and I also happen to believe he will win if he runs.

I didn't say that Obama had no substance. I said he wasn't elected on substance. Style is an asset if you back it up with substance. Rubio still has a lot to prove but his convention speech this year was VERY well received across the board and he is already making the case for immigration reform which is very important for the party

The story line for this board if and when Christie runs for president is how he has run to the hard right and sold his soul for a nomination. That will e the airy whether he does it or not. I happen to think he won't and I also happen to believe he will win if he runs.

No kidding. He beat substance in the primary.

I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to say in this post. Would you translate the sentence in bold, and are you saying that you think Christie will win the GOP nomination if he runs, or that you think he will win the election if he wins the GOP nomination?

Sry I suck at iPhone typing.

I think if Christie runs he wins the GOP nomination. I don't think it will be all that close.

No kidding. He beat substance in the primary.

This is such a myth. Obama put more actual policy plans on his website than any candidate I can remember. He won because he was, far and away, the best candidate -- style, substance, whatever -- in the field in 2008, and again 2012.

Das ras....wait, I don't even...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This is such a myth. Obama put more actual policy plans on his website than any candidate I can remember. He won because he was, far and away, the best candidate -- style, substance, whatever -- in the field in 2008, and again 2012.

Ask Bill Clinton what his favorite fairy tale is and get back to me.

Ask Bill Clinton what his favorite fairy tale is and get back to me.

Bill Clinton's favorite fairy tale was him being the First Husband in 2008. He was pretty bitter when Obama came out of nowhere and ruined that plan, for a period of time.

Once his sour grapes subsided, Bill Clinton did an enormous amount to get Obama reelected.

Obama owes Bill and Hillary. When she decides to run, he'll call in the chit. She will win as big as Obama did the first time. She may even be able to add AZ and MO.

You need to get up to speed. Rubio's walking away from immigration reform.

Marco Rubio @marcorubio
If I put #HarlemShake video 2gether in Senate who should be in it?Taking suggestions now.

Oh man, please let this happen.

He tries so hard. Who should be in it? The Senate, dumbass.

Back