• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rubio

http://pastebin.com/ZDLg5yEd

Apparently ABC news phonetically "translated" his Spanish version of the speech.

Some gems like this:

If panel to general Norton on this week -- sort of dollar and on the home and number -- equally ethically counts. -- -- that this government umbrella title beating him to -- I'm at the body in the homeless in August to pay thugs and be -- and asked what's the Hamas you've got the April not because I was -- -- of them. I'll get paneling and soaps.

No way. They could have gotten a few translators together and knocked that out in a few hours.

Jindal,Rubio....who is next to embarrass the GOP on prime-time? I am almost starting to feel bad for the Pubs because they truly have no hope to "take back America!"

This thread is a shocker. Very surprised at the turn of events. Let me get this right:

1. All the board democrats don't like Rubio or Christie

2. board dems have started their "no chance to win in 2016 campaign against both these candidates.

I never saw this coming in a million years.

This thread is a shocker. Very surprised at the turn of events. Let me get this right:

2. board dems have started their "no chance to win in 2016 campaign against both these candidates.

Moderates don't really like Rubio either, but many of us like Christie.

Christie is much better than Rubio.

Correct. It's really not close. One is actually succeeding in a position of leadership. The other is a tea party puppet that looks and sounds good on TV.

Sadly, Rubio is far more electable because image matters.

Count me in as another Democrat who likes Christie. (Though I disagree with him on plenty. The "we should be able to get the best teachers without paying them" moment from his convention speech still makes me want to smack him.)

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, once again.

Heard a discussion between Hannity and Coulter recently and both are off the Christie bandwagon. The only people who don't like Christie are the far right and the far left. The GOP base refuses to acknowledge that the moderate center determines the winner nationally.

Heard a discussion between Hannity and Coulter recently and both are off the Christie bandwagon. The only people who don't like Christie are the far right and the far left. The GOP base refuses to acknowledge that the moderate center determines the winner nationally.

Because he didn't act like a buffoon for Romney after Hurricane Sandy. If anything, that strengthened his appeal in the middle. Certainly made me like him more (liberal FWIW).

I will reiterate, I never said I didn't like Christie. I wondered aloud if his surliness would go over well nationally and win him the office.

I think Rubio did a lot to hurt his image with his poor delivery. Kind of a Jindal moment. These speeches are important to burgeoning candidates because, for many casual voters, they are a first impression. It's not good for your future chances to come off as amateurish, which Rubio really did.

As to content, it was boilerplate Romney 2012 messaging, so it's not really unfair to focus on Rubio's delivery, since that was all that was new. And that's not great for Rubio.

I think Rubio did a lot to hurt his image with his poor delivery. Kind of a Jindal moment. These speeches are important to burgeoning candidates because, for many casual voters, they are a first impression. It's not good for your future chances to come off as amateurish, which Rubio really did.

As to content, it was boilerplate Romney 2012 messaging, so it's not really unfair to focus on Rubio's delivery, since that was all that was new. And that's not great for Rubio.

Except, this wasn't a "first impression" moment for Rubio. He's been on the national stage before, and is far more well known than Jindal was when he gave the response.

Again, it's comical to think that this speech will have any effect whatsoever in 2016 if Rubio decides to run.

It's immaterial who the GOP runs if Hillary is in the race.

Cubans are generally viewed as elitist by other Latinos. Cubans tend to distance themselves from other Latinos as well.

Ain't that the truth. If I wasn't pretty sure that wrangor doesn't drink, I would have thought he was drunk when he posted that.

Perhaps the most offensive thing I have ever had posted about me.

Back to the issue. If Christie is the nominee pretty much every Dem on his board is going to spend whatever time they have on these boards explaining why he is unfit for office.

I not a Rubio fan but he does give the pubs a chance I at least shift some of the minority debate. Christie at the top of the ticket with Rubio as his VP pushing immigration reform is a stron ticket regardless of whether Rubio is Cuban, Mexican, etc.

Rubio is not Herman Cain no matter how much the Dems want him to be. He is more style than substance but Obama was elected primarily on style.

Christie isn't going to kowtow to the base (in my opinion). If Rubio can provide the dual role of keeping the fat cats happy and perhaps beginning a shift in the minority and immigrant debate then he plays a major role.

Perhaps the most offensive thing I have ever had posted about me.

Back to the issue. If Christie is the nominee pretty much every Dem on his board is going to spend whatever time they have on these boards explaining why he is unfit for office.

I not a Rubio fan but he does give the pubs a chance I at least shift some of the minority debate. Christie at the top of the ticket with Rubio as his VP pushing immigration reform is a stron ticket regardless of whether Rubio is Cuban, Mexican, etc.

Rubio is not Herman Cain no matter how much the Dems want him to be. He is more style than substance but Obama was elected primarily on style.

Christie isn't going to kowtow to the base (in my opinion). If Rubio can provide the dual role of keeping the fat cats happy and perhaps beginning a shift in the minority and immigrant debate then he plays a major role.

Christie is just unfit, period.

Immigration reform should be done by 2016 or the GOP won't be able to run on doing the thing they spent 4 years obstructing. C'mon, man.

Disagree about Obama being more style than substance. Most reporters are idiots so they report on the style because they didn't understand the substance. But Obama's 2008 campaign was very detailed on energy, education, and health care. Reporters focused on the post-partisan schtick because that's all their puny brains can understand. But Obama's hit a lot of policy notes and he's delivered on a good bit of it. Sure, he didn't get everything, but nobody does.

Back