• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: Notre Dame Dropping 2014 Wake Forest football game

Let's schedule a 2nd FCS team. Why the hell not, we're not getting 5 FBS wins.

They don't wanna take that big a SOS hit, why would they want to play a Socon team.

How are they allowed to drop the game? Aren't they contractually obligated to the 5 ACC games (aka, this game)?

How are they allowed to drop the game? Aren't they contractually obligated to the 5 ACC games (aka, this game)?

This. Unless Swofford's sweet deal allows ND to pick and choose from year to year.

Honestly wouldn't bother me, who wants to see go to South Bend next year and get trounced anyway.

We should've scheduled two FCS teams this year anyway like everyone in the SEC.

We should've scheduled two FCS teams this year anyway like everyone in the SEC.

Nah, we can only count one FCS win toward bowl eligibility. We need to schedule somebody like Southern Miss. By the way, how have they gotten so awful, So. Miss was one of the better non BCS programs for years?

Nah, we can only count one FCS win toward bowl eligibility. We need to schedule somebody like Southern Miss. By the way, how have they gotten so awful, So. Miss was one of the better non BCS programs for years?

Yep, always one of the better southern non-SEC teams. I don't think they have won a game since Fedora left.

So we'll look for the Bzz method of scheduling to make us look better in football too. Effort to make sure they win enough to set the wins record? Only the Lord knows...

I'm sure it's just nothing but scheduling issues, but the fact that I could go there and only be half joking.

This. Unless Swofford's sweet deal allows ND to pick and choose from year to year.

I think the ACC would be doing them a favor and allow them to delay it one year (play 6 ACC teams in 2015 instead), since they are having trouble getting out of their game with Purdue for next year, and currently have 13 contracted games for 12 spots. They already tried to drop their return trip to Arizona State next year (without success).

I hope we start our series with App St again. Was always a huge draw for us. It is now a D1 game. We can still schedule Liberty/Presbyterian/Elon every year.

I hope we start our series with App St again. Was always a huge draw for us. It is now a D1 game. We can still schedule Liberty/Presbyterian/Elon every year.

Now that App is FBS (always been D1 FWIW) I doubt they would do it unless it was home and home.

They already moved our 2015 OOC game against ND up a year to 2014 I don't see why it would be a huge deal for us to move it back. This timing is how we ended up with ULM last year though. Look for a weird team to be added if this turns out to happen.

Back