• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: OGB's press creds to be revoked

There was a meeting after the OGB ad between RW and Buzz. I don't know exactly when, or if someone from the OGB staff was present, but I know RW & Buzz were upset. Not angry, just upset. The meeting wasn't very long. I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure RW received at least one email that included all of the links to national media coverage of the ad.

Upset but not angry; That's weirdly specific.

I wish we had someone in the paper to confirm what was said. Sorry Ron and Wellman that you were butt hurt.

There was a meeting after the OGB ad between RW and Buzz. I don't know exactly when, or if someone from the OGB staff was present, but I know RW & Buzz were upset. Not angry, just upset. The meeting wasn't very long. I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure RW received at least one email that included all of the links to national media coverage of the ad.

Good. At least we know for certain we have their attention.

Hopefully [Redacted] gets the message and steps down in the next week.

REMINDER: These are men in their sixties.

A lot of fans are both angry and upset with the state of the basketball program, Ron and Jeff. Fucking deal with it. Jackasses.

A lot of fans are both angry and upset with the state of the basketball program, Ron and Jeff. Fucking deal with it. Jackasses.

Yeah, as if we are doing it to spite them. WE'RE UPSET BECAUSE WE'VE SUCKED ASS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.

From that wording, it sounds as if it caught them completely off guard. I honestly figured word would have leaked out to them beforehand, since we're such a small community and gossip spreads like wildfire.

From that wording, it sounds as if it caught them completely off guard. I honestly figured word would have leaked out to them beforehand, since we're such a small community and gossip spreads like wildfire.

How can anything negative catch them off guard. They can't actually believe they are moving us in the right direction.....

But [Redacted], as he likes to try to tell us, doesn't concern himself with any criticism. Riiiiiggggghhhhttttttt....

I suspect it was not the negative aspect of it that caught them off guard, just that the avenue was the OGB.

Upset but not angry; That's weirdly specific.

My thoughts exactly. And who is the "Super User" with the green name and only 24 posts?

I suspect it was not the negative aspect of it that caught them off guard, just that the avenue was the OGB.

I disagree. I think Wellman has kept a nice little bubble around himself and this disaster of a coaching hire. He only listens to favorable information and surrounds himself with "yes" men who enable his crazy theories on where our basketball program is heading. I genuinely think this ad finally popped the bubble and he's mortified that his absolute control over the situation is waning.

So now he controls the OGB? This guy ceases to amaze me. You can't shelter your boy any longer.

I disagree. I think Wellman has kept a nice little bubble around himself and this disaster of a coaching hire. He only listens to favorable information and surrounds himself with "yes" men who enable his crazy theories on where our basketball program is heading. I genuinely think this ad finally popped the bubble and he's mortified that his absolute control over the situation is waning.

Disagree. Wellman knows what's going on.

So now he controls the OGB? This guy ceases to amaze me. You can't shelter your boy any longer.

I think the :jfk: has gotten to you. Nowhere did anyone say he controls the OGB, I just said I got the impression he was surprised it was posted in there. To be honest, I cant ever recall something like that ever being done in the OGB outside of editorials, so it suddenly appearing and catching RW/Bz/whomever off guard isnt so far a reach.

The OGB received an email Friday afternoon telling then that they were not losing credentials and the story had been fabricated

Back