• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: OGB's press creds to be revoked

Odom: Guys I need you to stop running these ads or else we will need to remove your credentials. BTW did you see my Wolfpack kick some Deacon butt the other night?

Naz-T: Yeah guys we need to create a positive atmosphere for Wake! (breaks into sprinkler mid-meeting)

Schutt: (mumbles someting while eating box of doughnuts)

Ty: Whatever I'm a descendent of pirate blood I do what I want

My sister's great uncle's dentist told me that the 4pm meeting is to inform the OGB about [Redacted]'s extension.

It's not about the actual impact the decision has on their reporting. It's about Pyongyang-esque nature of even considering it.

This. It has nothing to do with the actual games the staff would be barred from (although baseball, golf, and tennis are all still early in the season and the OGB is one of the only "outlets" that cover those sports), it has to do with the absurd contradiction of an institution of higher learning placing tyrannical restrictions on a student organization's ability to report news on campus.

What a cock tease that was. R.I.P. Fan Man.

Never Forget.

FanMan.jpg

National media is not going to run with this plot twist without a credible source. Which OGB staffer sacrifices their job for the good of the cause?

If they don't then they are pussies and stupid. This is the kind of issue you could ride right into a job. Protecting your OG&B position so you can write about the Kampus Kops new patrol cars or the 90-year-old professor who still teaches Chaucer would be idiotic.

If they don't then they are pussies and stupid. This is the kind of issue you could ride right into a job. Protecting your OG&B position so you can write about the Kampus Kops new patrol cars or the 90-year-old professor who still teaches Chaucer would be idiotic.

I think it's pretty damned stupid for the editor of the student paper to accept an ad that directly attacks a faculty or staff member of the university without sending out some type of cya email. This isn't the fucking Washington Post.

And if I'm hiring somebody, I'd like to think it's somebody who has a lick of sense.

I mean the EIC is at the airport right now so they're not at the meeting. That leads me to believe that this is not happening. But hey maybe it is.

I think it's pretty damned stupid for the editor of the student paper to accept an ad that directly attacks a faculty or staff member of the university without sending out some type of cya email. This isn't the fucking Washington Post.

And if I'm hiring somebody, I'd like to think it's somebody who has a lick of sense.

Are you en editor at a newspaper? Different mindset. This is job hunting gold in the newspaper world.

This is the perfect time to reflect on one of coach K's finest moments...when he got his panties in a bunch over something the duke student newspaper wrote and had a closed door meeting with the student journalists and ripped them new assholes. One of the students had a tape recorder ...oops.

I mean the EIC is at the airport right now so they're not at the meeting. That leads me to believe that this is not happening. But hey maybe it is.

So can we go ahead and say that the wise decision was made and that this rumor isn't true?

Majorly disagree. Student paper or Washington Post, same principles should apply. Also the add was to publicize a website that makes no personal attacks, only points to statistics.

And as others pointed out, this is very good publicity for the paper.

If they threaten to pull the credentials, the EIC should threaten to go to the national media. We all know they would listen seeing as how quickly this story was picked up. The AD and Media Relations people should realize that leaving this alone is their best option right now. If they pull the credentials, I expect the OG&B staff would not take kindly to it and would likely cause a shit storm for them (at least the OG&B staff from my time at Wake didn't take shit from Administration or the AD).

Bynam Shaw would have told them to go fuck themselves.

Back