• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: UCONN, UC, UL to ACC

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted yet and just saw on twitter that the above mentioned teams will join the ACC. To be announced Monday

Been posted on a few other related threads.

It's probaly just me, but I don't give a rat's ass who is in this conference anymore. We don't have home and home against old rivals in hoops. We don't play rivals on a regular seasonal basis in football. Who really gives a shit? We could bring in UNLV or Wyoming and I wouldn't care. It's all going to get jumbled up again in a few years after the TV contracts expire. It is a fucking joke. Conferences don't mean anything anymore. It is all about media contracts. Plain and simple.

So...where does ND fall into this whole equation? That would bring our total to 16...are we just voiding that whole thing now?

Doesn't make sense as that would give us 15 football members and the goal is to have an even number

We are well past the point of no return. Tradition means nothing in sports any longer.

College sports should fuck off the conference nonsense and just go full promotion/relegation style.

Doesn't make sense as that would give us 15 football members and the goal is to have an even number

no it would give us 16 along with the additions of Pitt and Cuse, after losing UMD, 3 more teams would equal 16. the real question, that 27 already asked, is what happens with ND if this is actually true

It doesn't make sense to make such a huge move with ND and then nullify it.

I call BS that we add 3 schools...maybe 2, but more than likely just 1

Maybe this is hardball tactics with ND and we drop Cincy if they want to join.

no it would give us 16 along with the additions of Pitt and Cuse, after losing UMD, 3 more teams would equal 16. the real question, that 27 already asked, is what happens with ND if this is actually true

Ahh, I missed the UC addition part. I still really doubt that the ACC would do that unless it thought that it was going to lose more members, and even then, why not wait until it happens to add more than one more school? UC and UL are still going to be on the table no matter when we want to add them.

The marginal benefit of adding those schools is not going to be worth splitting the pie 16 ways (or 16.5 when you take in Notre Dame's cut)

Ahh, I missed the UC addition part. I still really doubt that the ACC would do that unless it thought that it was going to lose more members, and even then, why not wait until it happens to add more than one more school? UC and UL are still going to be on the table no matter when we want to add them.

The marginal benefit of adding those schools is not going to be worth splitting the pie 16 ways (or 16.5 when you take in Notre Dame's cut)

UC and UL are on the Big 12's radar

I think it may be the case of some schools (perhaps FSU?) saying the only way that we'll guarantee that we stay is if you go to 16.

What is WVa's academic profile verses Louisville's?

It's probaly just me, but I don't give a rat's ass who is in this conference anymore. We don't have home and home against old rivals in hoops. We don't play rivals on a regular seasonal basis in football. Who really gives a shit? We could bring in UNLV or Wyoming and I wouldn't care. It's all going to get jumbled up again in a few years after the TV contracts expire. It is a fucking joke. Conferences don't mean anything anymore. It is all about media contracts. Plain and simple.

It's not just you. There is nothing connecting these teams except TV money. When the money changes so do the teams.

Rumors have it that the B12 is meeting Monday to vote on expansion and their choices would be Louisville (and then possibly an ACC school) to start. This info is coming from a Texas Tech person so it probably has some bias towards the B12 in it.

I'd much prefer Louisville over the other two schools, especially if adding them helps cement the football school's loyalty to the ACC.

Is there any way we can have 5 superconferences instead of 4? I know all the talk has been 4, but is it a realistic possibility?

Back