• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rusty Larue Coaching Once Again at WF - West Forsyth

well thats a step down working at Dairi-O.. imagine that interview.. now what was your last job Mr. Larue.. well i coached on a division 1 level of basketball.. well we might look at other candidates but we will keep your resume on file

Sounds like they have adapted well. Good for them. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
well thats a step down working at Dairi-O.. imagine that interview.. now what was your last job Mr. Larue.. well i coached on a division 1 level of basketball.. well we might look at other candidates but we will keep your resume on file

I doubt he's just a shift manager. More likely, he's got some sort of ownership stake. They are building a location in Clemmons right now, so I'm sure there's some involvement in that.

House is beside my church. I didn't realize how much history there was surrounding that house.

some parallels with his last job. Hope it doesn't take him 4+ years to fix the foundation

giphy.gif

Good for them. He was a little after my time at Wake but I've never met a person who has anything bad to say about him. I wish them the best of luck.

It's tough to be in your 40s and lose your job (it's tough at any age, of course). Glad he landed on his feet.

Rusty has always been a credit to WF. I hope things go well for him and his family.

Last edited:
Good for him. Pretty much confirms the narrative that he had no plans to leave the Triad to pursue his dream of being a head coach.

Maybe he can work his way back on the basketball staff or with the AD in the future.

The only ways he ever has a shot as a coach at Wake is if Danny fails or leaves really soon. If Danny succeeds and leaves, Chill will be light years ahead of Rusty.

In the that Danny does well and goes back to KU, Chill would be in position to be HC. I doubt Rusty would want to be a career second or third seat.

The only ways he ever has a shot as a coach at Wake is if Danny fails or leaves really soon. If Danny succeeds and leaves, Chill will be light years ahead of Rusty.

In the that Danny does well and goes back to KU, Chill would be in position to be HC. I doubt Rusty would want to be a career second or third seat.

Did I mention him coming back as HC? You doubt Rusty would want to be a career second or third seat but you don't know for certain. Maybe he would like to work for his Alma mater again in some capacity.

Did I mention him coming back as HC? You doubt Rusty would want to be a career second or third seat but you don't know for certain. Maybe he would like to work for his Alma mater again in some capacity.

I understand you don't like me. that's fine. This doesn't mean you have to be confrontational on everything.

You said,"Maybe he can work his way back on the basketball staff"

In essence, the AD chose Chill over Rusty. Very few people would want to come back after such an act and be second fiddle to the guy who basically took his job.

Plus I never said, he might not want to come back in another capacity. I just thought it was highly unlikely that it would be as a basketball coach.

If you look above on this thread, you'll see I thought he might do something bigger than being a second level administrator at Wake.

Back