• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ryder Cup Thread

It’s like the international professional golfers versus the dysfunctional ADHD primadonnas.

Agreed. The Yanks just aren't cut out for team golf. The post match interviews are painfully awkward with our guys talking about their teammates.

Rory acts like such a hardass less than a week after completely melting down in the final pairing with Tiger :rolleyes:

No way i can consider Tiger>Jack with not only 4 less majors, but Tiger’s Ryder Cup record also. Jack was 16-8-3 in Ryder Cups. I’ve even concede Jack’s was against weaker Euro competition, but still. If Tiger wants to be considered the best ever he’s never helped his case in the Ryder Cup.

Pissing Poulter off is not the beat strategy, but I love it. Too bad we’re down 50 points

Webb balled out today

Yeah, I'm happy for him, and though NBC wasn't showing that much of his match, he was playing some great golf when he was on tv. He needed some RC redemption from 4 years ago, and he and Bubba got a crucial point. And Spieth/Thomas have been pretty darn clutch. A 10-6 deficit has been overcome twice in the last 20 years. Trouble is Tiger, Phil, Reed, DeChambeau and Fowler have been sucking ass. This is like 2 years ago when Darren Clarke couldn't hide 5-6 guys sucking.

So what are the chances Tiger gets paired with Molinari again tomorrow? I know Koepka has won 2 majors, but Molinari has 3 wins including the Open, and with this RC, he may deserve POY honors.

2 majors is a lot more important than playing well in the Ryder Cup.

2 majors is a lot more important than playing well in the Ryder Cup.

Abbreviated season with a wrist injury and an incredible 2 majors v. 1 major, 1 US win, 1 win at Europe's equivalent of the Players and doing something no Euro has ever done at the RC. I don't know - it's close for me. And I think this is Molinari's 1st season playing mostly the PGA tour. But I'm not sure how much the Wentworth win counts in the eyes of the PGA tour.

Rory vs. JT
Casey vs. Kopeka
Rose vs. Simpson
Rahm vs. Woods
Fleetwood vs. Finau
Poulter vs. DJ
Olesen vs. Spieth
Garcia vs. Fowler
Molinari vs. Mickelson
Hatton vs. Reed
Stenson vs. Bubba
Noren vs. Bryson

Only one guaranteed loss for the US. Have a chance at least. Molinari will go 5-0-0.

Back