• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Salmon vs. Tuna

Which is better?

• Total voters

bigdoublezero

Reaction score
Used to be a tuna guy, but I'm leaning toward properly prepared salmon these days.

Last edited:
rare, seared tuna steak or tuna tartare > anything salmon

how is this even a question?

A tuna steak, very rare is hard to beat when talking fish.

Salmon is good, not great IMO. Also don't like canned tuna.

Don't really like either cooked, but I do prefer salmon over tuna when it comes to sushi. Does that count?

Tuna. I absolutely love it and always get some from our awesome seafood market back home when I'm in town. will usually have some sort of tuna sushi (otoro is just the best).

I used to hate salmon as a kid based upon how my mom prepared it, but I actually like it quite a bit now and find myself buying it a lot at Whole Foods to cook for dinner.

this was tough. a tuna steak is phenomenal. Like Brasky, I go salmon over tuna for sushi. canned tuna is super meh to me :noidea:

sashimi makes the argument a bit tougher, but still tuna by a mile for me personally

this was tough. a tuna steak is phenomenal. Like Brasky, I go salmon over tuna for sushi. canned tuna is super meh to me :noidea:

yep. (although i'm not partial to one or the other as sushi. love them both)

The likely problem here is that a lot of people have never had good salmon. You absolutely have to refuse to eat farm-raised salmon.

The likely problem here is that a lot of people have never had good salmon. You absolutely have to refuse to eat farm-raised salmon.

at home, we always do wild caught, and it's certainly delicious. i just don't think it beats out a really good tuna steak. i do really love salmon though. make it 1-2x/week. never make tuna at home. only get it out.

Cooked is Tuna, as sashimi or tar tar it is a lot closer (and depends on what kind of tuna we are talking). Smoked salmon is also incredible.

Salmon. :thumbsup:

Tuna: to quote my 3 year old, "that's yuck!" :werd:

forgot that my mother occasionally makes some delicious salmon cakes (like crab cakes) when I'm there but still not better than a good tuna steak

smoked salmon is definitely a fantastic breakfast option. almost forgot about that.

i like salmon cooked on a cedar plank too.

I like raw salmon a lot, but I hate hate hate cooked salmon. And smoked salmon may be one of the grossest food products on the planet to me. I physically cannot get it down.

Back