• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman is…..

From 247 Sports:
HEISMAN WATCH
1. Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan State
2. Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
3. Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
4. C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
5. Sam Hartman, QB, Wake Forest

Walker had the stage Saturday afternoon and delivered. He takes the No. 1 spot in my Heisman rankings. Young is the steady name within this top 5. He had a bye this week and will soon enter a stretch against LSU, Arkansas and Auburn. The Bearcats are still unbeaten and Ridder accounted for three touchdowns against Tulane. He’s probably not going to have the passing stats to win this award, however. Stroud had a big night against Penn State (305 yards, 1 TD) and has showcase games ahead of him against Michigan State and Michigan. Hartman needs more love. Wake Forest is unbeaten and he just dropped 402 yards and five total touchdowns in a win over Duke. Hartman ranked third in QBR entering the week and will likely be top 10 in passing yards and touchdowns entering Week 10. Put him on the board!

Man Hartman has been in absolute control this season. Seeing it in person yesterday the offense was just an absolute clinic. Just knew exactly where to go with the ball and the receivers were making plays all over the field. Plus the two f you rushing TDs just because.

I like how he looked at CBS after the second one with a shrug like, “Sorry, I had to take another rushing TD, it was just wide open in front of me!”

And all our receivers are catching the ball like NFL. Great hands on this team. 9 different guys caught a ball!
Perry, A.T. - 116 net
Roberson,Jaquarii - 65 net_yards, 1 TD
Banks,Jahmal - 63 net_yards,
Williams,Ke'Shawn - 57 net_yards,
Stewart,Donald - 44 net_yards,
Morin,Taylor - 24 net_yards
Whiteheart,Blake - 17 net_yards
Chapman,Brandon - 16 net_yards,
Hite,Cameron - 9 net__yards

And all our receivers are catching the ball like NFL. Great hands on this team. 9 different guys caught a ball!
Perry, A.T. - 116 net
Roberson,Jaquarii - 65 net_yards, 1 TD
Banks,Jahmal - 63 net_yards,
Williams,Ke'Shawn - 57 net_yards,
Stewart,Donald - 44 net_yards,
Morin,Taylor - 24 net_yards
Whiteheart,Blake - 17 net_yards
Chapman,Brandon - 16 net_yards,
Hite,Cameron - 9 net__yards

Two more had TD catches yesterday. Morin and Williams.

I had the privilege of tailgating next to Sam’s grandfather this past weekend. I got a lot of insight into some of the differences between Sam’s first two years and where he is now. A lot of it comes from an invite from Wolford to come work out with him with the Rams and some of the resources, connections, and perspective he gained during that time. Sam is 100% dialed in to doing what he needs to do to be the best quarterback possible.

It also helps that he's not getting clobbered every time he drops back to pass.

.... still having a very impressive season. 27 TDs passing and 8 Rushing through 9 games, with only 5 ints. These numbers are similar to the Heisman seasons I had with Kevin Sousa in NCAA 2014. Sam is now tied with Riley for most passing TDs in Wake history (still 1 behind Tanner in rushing TDs). Sam has done it in 400 less attempts than Riley too. People will argue about his NFL potential, but we really have a quarterback that fits our system to a T, and doing it without Donovan Greene too.

.... still having a very impressive season. 27 TDs passing and 8 Rushing through 9 games, with only 5 ints. These numbers are similar to the Heisman seasons I had with Kevin Sousa in NCAA 2014. Sam is now tied with Riley for most passing TDs in Wake history (still 1 behind Tanner in rushing TDs). Sam has done it in 400 less attempts than Riley too. People will argue about his NFL potential, but we really have a quarterback that fits our system to a T, and doing it without Donovan Greene too.

If we had won Saturday he'd be even more in the Heisman talk even after throwing 2 picks. He accounted for 7 touchdowns Saturday.

Let’s hope this was his bad game - He won’t throw 2 picks on the wrong side of the field very often.

To be fair, the last pick should have been a free play. Or, it is when any other team lines up in the neutral zone.

Should have been a free play but having watched that pick several times, I don’t like the design or execution of that play.

We had trips right with Roberson, Chapman and Morin. Roberson runs a 7 yard hitch and is open; the ball should go to him. Chapman goes deep - he’s not out-running anyone so I don’t understand that. Morin runs the intermediate route but too close to Roberson which is why the DB is there.

On the other side of the formation Stewart is running across the middle and is well covered.

Part of a forgettable 4th quarter but a bad play all around.

I’m actually reevaluating my earlier hype of Hartman, he probably needs to be dinged a little for playing in an era where defenses are complete trash. Not sure if it’s new safety/concussion related protocols or what, but college defenses are not good these days. James McPherson would put up similar numbers in todays game. Seeing them live made it clear just how untalented both UNC and Wake’s defenses are. I don’t think many of these kids would have gotten D1 offers a decade ago.

Last edited:
Should have been a free play but having watched that pick several times, I don’t like the design or execution of that play.

We had trips right with Roberson, Chapman and Morin. Roberson runs a 7 yard hitch and is open; the ball should go to him. Chapman goes deep - he’s not out-running anyone so I don’t understand that. Morin runs the intermediate route but too close to Roberson which is why the DB is there.

On the other side of the formation Stewart is running across the middle and is well covered.

Part of a forgettable 4th quarter but a bad play all around.

Good analysis - yeah it’s puzzling and if he really thought it was a free play- why wouldn’t he take the shot downfield to Stewart or even Chapman? Who knows- maybe the turf monster gets their safety and Chapman gets a nice gain.

I think Morin cut route too shallow and that’s why it happened.

Back