• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman is…..

ODDS TO WIN 2021 HEISMAN TROPHY (12/11/21)
Player (School-Position)Odds
Bryce Young (Alabama-QB)+185
Matt Corral (Ole Miss-QB)+250
CJ Stroud (Ohio State-QB)+500
Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh-QB)+1000
Caleb Williams (Oklahoma-QB)+1400
Kenneth Walker III (Michigan State-RB)+1600
Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati-QB)+2500
TreVeyon Henderson (Ohio State-RB)+2500
Bijan Robinson (Texas-RB)+4000
Sam Hartman (Wake Forest-QB)+5000

Clawson recruited 20% of the Heisman leaders.

That’s why I chose “The Claw” as my pic in early days of these boards.

Last edited:
Caleb Williams is in the small sample size realm right now. He's played in two games so far this season, right?

Caleb Williams is in the small sample size realm right now. He's played in two games so far this season, right?

Doesn’t mean Vegas can’t take people’s money.

I've seen a lot of references to "two great seasons by John Wolford" on this thread and several other nostalgic threads. Here are Wolford's college stats at Wake:

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2014 Wake Forest ACC FR QB 12 214 367 58.3 2037 5.6 4.5 12 14 108.1
2015 Wake Forest ACC SO QB 11 142 235 60.4 1791 7.6 6.3 9 11 127.7
2016 Wake Forest ACC JR QB 12 166 299 55.5 1774 5.9 5.0 9 10 108.6
2017 Wake Forest ACC SR QB 12 239 374 63.9 3192 8.5 9.4 29 6 158.0
Career 761 1275 59.7 8794 6.9 6.4 59 41 126.5

Here's Wake schedule is senior year:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wake-forest/2017-schedule.html

The offense played 7 good games his senior year? And his junior year was pretty bleak.

The legend of John Wolford at Wake is reaching John Henry (not Mills) levels these days. Sam Hartman is already surpassed him in the Wake QB power rankings.

yeah, I don't remember john wolford at wake at all. 29-6 TD/INT senior year is nice, but nothing before that comes close to what hartman is doing

This is a TD offense now.

Sciba is now #11 in career points in the ACC. He passed Chris Blewitt who started for WFT today. He should pass Nick Novak to get to #8. With another year, Sciba has a very good shot at beating Etienne's ACC career scoring record. He just needs 100 points.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/acc/leaders/points-player-career.html

I still think that to attract the pros he has to have some kicks at 50+ but with our offense I doubt he'll get the chance. He's hit them in warm ups, but that's warm ups.

yeah, I don't remember john wolford at wake at all. 29-6 TD/INT senior year is nice, but nothing before that comes close to what hartman is doing

I've seen a lot of references to "two great seasons by John Wolford" on this thread and several other nostalgic threads. Here are Wolford's college stats at Wake:

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2014 Wake Forest ACC FR QB 12 214 367 58.3 2037 5.6 4.5 12 14 108.1
2015 Wake Forest ACC SO QB 11 142 235 60.4 1791 7.6 6.3 9 11 127.7
2016 Wake Forest ACC JR QB 12 166 299 55.5 1774 5.9 5.0 9 10 108.6
2017 Wake Forest ACC SR QB 12 239 374 63.9 3192 8.5 9.4 29 6 158.0
Career 761 1275 59.7 8794 6.9 6.4 59 41 126.5

Here's Wake schedule is senior year:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wake-forest/2017-schedule.html

The offense played 7 good games his senior year? And his junior year was pretty bleak.

The legend of John Wolford at Wake is reaching John Henry (not Mills) levels these days. Sam Hartman is already surpassed him in the Wake QB power rankings.

Sam Hartman is great and probably a better passer than Wolford. I love him and think he will leave WFU as it's best QB ever. But you don't have to denigrate Wolford to praise Hartman. 3200 yds passing senior year is impressive and both of you neglected Wolford's 683 rushing yards with 10 touchdowns his senior year. Wolford was clearly the better dual threat QB.

Sam hasn't had the opportunities to run for his life that Wolford had.

the legend of Wolford is built on the foundation of him getting smoked behind a terrible OL for years and emerging with one of the best QB seasons in Deacs history

both were/are excellent college quarterbacks. Hartman has benefited from having a decent to good OL from day 1 and some serious playmakers at WR. Wolford did the best he could with subpar talent until his senior year then he exploded. Wolford was also a dangerous runner and could make huge plays with his feet while Hartman is not much of a threat other than an occasional scramble to get a first down. I'd take either one of those guys on my all time Wake team, but Hartman's stats and win totals are going to dwarf Wolford's when it is all over so I guess that is a pretty big checkmark in Hartman's column.

Sam hasn't had the opportunities to run for his life that Wolford had.

Yeah...It's hard to complete passes from your back.

Wolford had the worst OL in the past 2 decades his first 2 years at Wake. Once the Beef Boys beefed up, Wolford balled out. Also, Wolford was the first guy to show Wake fans just show successful this RPO could be. Hartman, a better OL, better skill players and a further developed system have all played factors in taking it to the next level.

the legend of Wolford is built on the foundation of him getting smoked behind a terrible OL for years and emerging with one of the best QB seasons in Deacs history

And being the first Wake QB in the NFL in a very long time.

Not sure if posted previously but one more tweet from the Army game. Holly is my favorite reporter at ESPN and does a lot to raise the profile of sports and people that don’t always get massive amounts of media attention.

Not sure if posted previously but one more tweet from the Army game. Holly is my favorite reporter at ESPN and does a lot to raise the profile of sports and people that don’t always get massive amounts of media attention.

Took out the space.

Holly Rowe is great. She’s like the team mom of college sports.

I saw her on sidelines of a random Kings game a few days ago. Thought it was pretty strange but didn’t bother to look it up. She filled in for Thurl Bailey as Jazz TV color commentator.

https://kslsports.com/470898/jazz-holly-rowe-i-never-have-let-my-gender-make-decisions-for-me/

Last edited:
Back