• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

not sour grapes at all, but I'm skeptical of Sam in a different system

he does a great job of running the Wake offense, but he's throwing to a lot of open guys and has had very good receivers

he doesn't really throw guys open, throws a ton of balls off his back foot, and often underthrows the ball to open guys

I think about the times he's struggled and it's often in must-throw situations where the Deacs have abandoned the RPO

could defs be wrong, but I'm not sold he's a surefire success at a bigger program

he does a great job of running the Wake offense, but he's throwing to a lot of open guys and has had very good receivers

he doesn't really throw guys open, throws a ton of balls off his back foot, and often underthrows the ball to open guys

I think about the times he's struggled and it's often in must-throw situations where the Deacs have abandoned the RPO

could defs be wrong, but I'm not sold he's a surefire success at a bigger program
Yeah. Which is why he's not a strong NFL prospect.

This is why you received two Scrooge votes.

Sam throws off his back foot often because he has no room to step into the throw without spiking his center or guards. That also means he can't get as much power on the ball.

Smart quarterbacks throw to open receivers, not tightly covered ones.

You’ll lose money more than you’ll win betting against Hartman, and I think his biggest issue is that he’s short. That won’t change, and I think throwing basically at the LOS probably hurts more than it helps. Interested to see how he looks with deeper drops in a better protected pocket.

You’ll lose money more than you’ll win betting against Hartman, and I think his biggest issue is that he’s short. That won’t change, and I think throwing basically at the LOS probably hurts more than it helps. Interested to see how he looks with deeper drops in a better protected pocket.
I see both points. Our offense shows he isn’t afraid of climbing in the pocket.

Sam will miss his cheat code.

Sam will need to find a new cheat code, whether at Wake, another college or the NFL,. Atorian is headed to the NFL. Only chance he has the same cheat code is if he and Atorian somehow ended up on the same NFL team.

Sam will need to find a new cheat code, whether at Wake, another college or the NFL,. Atorian is headed to the NFL. Only chance he has the same cheat code is if he and Atorian somehow ended up on the same NFL team.
I haven’t been paying attention, what round do the mock drafts have @ going?

WF can compete with just about any team in the nation.

As am I. Personally think a year outside the RPO could showcase whether or not he is an NFL quarterback. Can he make those 30 yard back-shoulder throws, stand back in a pocket and see over both lines and also find the 2nd & 3rd options. I hope he can.

It may not be the best thing for those of us who enjoy college sports, but it's sure as hell the best thing for athletes making universities hundreds of millions of dollars.
Two things can be true at once.... It's a good thing for the athletes but in it's current state is not good for college sports. There needs to be some regulations on it including an nil cap per team to create some level of fairness in competition

Two things can be true at once.... It's a good thing for the athletes but in it's current state is not good for college sports. There needs to be some regulations on it including an nil cap per team to create some level of fairness in competition

College sports have never been about fairness in competition. Seems disingenuous not to be worried about fairness when it comes to building facilities or coaches getting massive contracts, but getting worried about fairness when it comes to the free market setting the value of college athletes.

Back