• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

If Devin Leary is worth 4 mil, then Sam needs to go get his check. There are scenarios where the pay day could parlay him to a solid life, with whatever supplemental income he needs to otherwise earn.

I hate NIL, but let's be honest, every single one of us would take the money. The griping about it online here are even more bullshit when you consider that Sam has played his 4+ years. He's given to Wake all that was expected of him.

If Sam were my son and my son could earn generation-changing wealth at 23, I would advise him to not think twice. I would hope he would invest most of it.

Devin Leary did not get four fucking million dollars
Correct. And whatever he was promised, $500,000 or whatever it was, he's unlikely to ever receive all of it. Drake Maye stated the $5 million was a completely fabricated number (by Pat Narduzzi) and he never had any specific conversations. Mike Elko stated the NIL numbers in the media are overexaggerated.

Devin Leary did not get four fucking million dollars
4 million was stated on Sirius XM Full Ride by one of the guests.... Rick Neuheisel didn't believe it... the guess then backtracked to 1-2 million dollars. even so, 1+ million for leary is crazy money.

Pretty silly for there to be angst about Sam leaving - wherever he goes. He has given us as many years as we would normally ever expect to get from a player. If he wants to go use his covid year to play one more year of college ball and get paid 7 figures for it - more power to him. And I am the first guy to hate players who desert the program... Sam's situation is pretty unique due to (i) the extra year he is getting, (ii) the years and success he has given us already, (iii) the chance to get paid millions for one year on the field, and (iii) the players who have waited patiently behind him and now deserve their chance to step up.

Coaches are the least credible in all of this. Most of them want to make sure there is something in place so their players can get paid through these NIL deals while also talking about how the sport isn't how it used to be ("for the love of the game"). Meanwhile they just mean "money for me but not for thee" and publicly oppose the NIL stuff whenever they can/simultaneously opposing unions and/or redefining the athlete relationship as employment. Fortunately, the government will do for the NCAA since the NCAA is utterly inept. It may not be the best thing for those of us who enjoy college sports, but it's sure as hell the best thing for athletes making universities hundreds of millions of dollars.

I think Leary will continue to develop. My prediction is that Kentucky will be in the Top 10 at 5-0 when they head into Athens GA with Leary at the helm on October 7th. They'll lose but be back in the top 10 by the time they roll into Tuscaloosa about a month later.

I think Leary will continue to develop. My prediction is that Kentucky will be in the Top 10 at 5-0 when they head into Athens GA with Leary at the helm on October 7th. They'll lose but be back in the top 10 by the time they roll into Tuscaloosa about a month later.
He’s turning 24 basically at the start of next season and has played in 30 college games. I’d say he’s about what he’s going to be as a QB. If Kentucky is expecting a game changer they got the wrong guy.

He’s turning 24 basically at the start of next season and has played in 30 college games. I’d say he’s about what he’s going to be as a QB. If Kentucky is expecting a game changer they got the wrong guy.

You mean like Hendon Hooker?

Last edited:
Maybe I’m wrong but I think the only angst I’m seeing regarding Sam leaving is from the anti-vaxxer

Devin Leary is not good so you better hope the rest of your team is awesome

I’ll ask the dumb question: If he goes to ND, will his ACC stats keep climbing?

Back