• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Really hope it’s not ND. I enjoy rooting against them and the pressure of playing there with a coach that is already on shaky ground seems like a terrible idea.

If Hartman goes to ND, I think the biggest message is a negative on Clawson's O....just my opinion.

I can see Hartman desiring a more varied O and being surrounded by bigger/more athletic teammates.

A negative on Clawson’s O? Wolford is in the NFL, and then the next two will have gone on to play for the highest level teams, assuming Sam will likely go to the nfl after. I don’t see that being an issue on Clawson’s O, in fact I see the exact opposite.

If Hartman goes to ND, I think the biggest message is a negative on Clawson's O....just my opinion.

I can see Hartman desiring a more varied O and being surrounded by bigger/more athletic teammates.
Just another incredibly misguided take.

If Hartman goes to ND, it's for one reason: $$$$

Hartman would make far more as the ND QB than he would trying to stick on an NFL practice squad, and WF doesn't have the NIL money (or the same need at QB) that ND does.

Good for him if true.

Honestly kinda a no-brainer. Really good chance he makes more from ND next year than he does his entire pro football career.

The only bummer would be if he ends up being an NFL QB, but is attributed to ND in the media.

I’m not really optimistic about his NFL prospects. But also nobody (let alone anyone here) really has any clue who is/isn’t gonna succeed at the next level.

Good for him if true.

Honestly kinda a no-brainer. Really good chance he makes more from ND next year than he does his entire pro football career.

The only bummer would be if he ends up being an NFL QB, but is attributed to ND in the media.

I’m not really optimistic about his NFL prospects. But also nobody (let alone anyone here) really has any clue who is/isn’t gonna succeed at the next level.

Not sure many people anywhere had John Wolford on an NFL team, let alone starting a game. Or being on a team that won the Superbowl.

Good for him if true.

a good comp is russell wilson

it's weird; I don't really think of wilson as an nc state or wisconsin guy

I can’t imagine how any Wake person who was around then wouldn’t think of Wilson as a State guy.

A negative on Clawson’s O? Wolford is in the NFL, and then the next two will have gone on to play for the highest level teams, assuming Sam will likely go to the nfl after. I don’t see that being an issue on Clawson’s O, in fact I see the exact opposite.
That's a valid take.

Seems Sam really loved Wake and was committed to the entire philosophy/program. Was here so long. Walker was here a briefer period of time and pretty much made it known he didn't agree with the rotating backs system.

So for Sam to exit when he could play one more year at MSD, it's difficult not to think he's tired of running a vanilla O and risking injury with increased sacs. He knows the rest of the players around him do not match the rest of the ACC, even less, P5s in general. A D that can't stop anyone and an O with what often appears to be either a slow mesh run or a deep route.

I think the media would recognize Wake if Hartman was a visible supporter. Now if he went to ND and lead them to the playoff, I'm sure the media will adopt him as a ND product.

Either way, get paid and you are on national TV every week doesn't seem too complicated of a decision.

ACC record holder throws 6 TD against Wake — “imagine how many he would’ve thrown if he could’ve played this defense more often.”

Back