• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

With Maye saying the numbers about him were entirely false, I’m inclined to doubt the $3 mil number. Especially since it seems they are bidding against themselves.

I think Sam can do some damage with a really good offensive line. I don’t know enough about ND’s roster to know if they have that
ND was 72nd in yards per game last year. Wake was 30th.

ND was 72nd in yards per game last year. Wake was 30th.
What about yards per play?

Also Sam would likely be a pretty big upgrade at QB for them. So he would help their numbers there

Not a fan of how this sets the precedent of Wake players transferring for more NIL $$ if they have a monster season / career with us

I’m curious if we (RTQ) could have matched ND but we didn’t want to because of Griffis

Props to Dave and Sam for handling this situation professionally

Sucks that Sam is going to ND and playing Wake. That will greatly hamper his legacy to me. He's choosing to go and play us, make no mistake about it. He was part of a very disappointing year this year, and a bad end of last season as well. Thanks for the memories and good luck elsewhere. Hope we kick your ass.
Top 10 after 7 or 8 games two straight years. No, didn’t finish there, but just how many times has that happened in WF history- even one year? Zero. Nada. You probably should appreciate Sam a bit more.

Good for Sam. As for rooting for his success…$3 million, if true, seems pretty successful for 6 months of work, July through Jan 2. So, good for him. I hope the Deacs sack him a bunch in South Bend, and get an interception or two.

I also hope Chris Paul wins an NBA title. I don’t think all Deac fans feel the same way on that one.

will be weird as hell playing AGAINST sam next season

4 of ND’s 12 opponents next year are ACC teams that Hartman has faced multiple times (Duke, Louisville, Clemson, NC State) plus Wake and Pitt. That’s a massive advantage to bring in a transfer that has that type of familiarity with an opponent.

He lost to all of those teams the last time he played them within the last 13 months. Two of them completely got him off his game and forced a ton of picks.

With Maye saying the numbers about him were entirely false, I’m inclined to doubt the $3 mil number. Especially since it seems they are bidding against themselves.
Maye's numbers are false in that $5mm was not the highest offer that came into CAA for his services.

Top 10 after 7 or 8 games two straight years. No, didn’t finish there, but just how many times has that happened in WF history- even one year? Zero. Nada. You probably should appreciate Sam a bit more.
He was a great stat QB, when the going got tough I don't think he was the type of QB to pull out games when we desperately needed them to get over that next hump. He made us fun as hell to watch and I enjoyed it but the results don't lie, we didn't win many of the big ones, oftentimes those games he had tons of TO. Now, we weren't in a great spot when he took over so he gets credit for taking us to those heights as well. But after all of that to watch him play against us, ask the NC state fans if they like Phillip Rivers or Russel wilson more, it'll be unanimous.

Doesn’t seem so different for him going to ND than if he went to to NFL and played for the Falcons (as I’m a panthers fan). Even less impactful, as ND performance won’t really impact Wake the same as NFL division standings.

So while I probably won’t pay much attention to him, I hope he does well at least individually and when we play them hope wake wins like 56-49.

Not a done deal though, until we get the “With that being said…” Twitter post

Back