• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

reading the Notre Dame board, it's funny that they think Hartman to ND is for anything other than NIL money

So. If/when he is drafted in the NFL, his school will be listed as nd?? :(
Wonder if that gets included in the NIL package? Kinda like how Jose Canseco’s contract required his hall of fame bust to wear a Devil Rays cap (had he been elected)?

Status among the social elite of that school
100 percent. I waited at the South Bend airport for about 20 minutes for one of my buddies to fly in for the ND game—-watching all those private jets land colored my perception of that program.

I’m sure there’s some math you could do based on WAR or whatever to come up with a valuations to these NIL deals but this is really more about people with tons of money to spend.

I can’t stand ND as a school/institution but that’s not Sam’s fault. They’re apparently supposed to have a good D next year and OL. Make your money and try it in the pros.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Clawson was consulted by Hartman when making his decision.

I can’t stand ND as a school/institution but that’s not Sam’s fault. They’re apparently supposed to have a good D next year and OL. Make your money and try it in the pros.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Clawson was consulted by Hartman when making his decision.
It so, then Clawson knows we are playing them next year. Thus, the only logical conclusion is that he expects Sam to implode and wants to play against him!

It so, then Clawson knows we are playing them next year. Thus, the only logical conclusion is that he expects Sam to implode and wants to play against him!
Ha.

Coming from a coach who just gave carries to a RB he knew was transferring, I wouldn’t be surprised if he apprised Hartman on the decision. And, I don’t think Clawson cares about matching up against Hartman next year. ND was gonna be a battle anyway, Atleast he knows how to plan against the QB.

I have complicated feelings about this. I’m happy for Sam that he’s going to get paid. For all of the “he’s not hurting for money” talk, most of us making good money as professionals would certainly want our kids to take the million dollars, especially once they have their degree.

Complicated because I hate ND and their fanbase. They don’t even appear to want Sam and the people that do are typically using the logic that Wakes team is awful, so he’ll have to be better with better wrs, etc. In my opinion, they’re missing that a lot of the time it was our wrs that made Sam look like a superstar. When Sam melts down, which we know will happen at some point, the fanbase reaction won’t be what it is at Wake. On the plus side, Sam still gets paid, but I worry about this for a kid who has struggled with mental health issues. I’m someone who roots for our guys when they’re done at Wake. My kids have more CP gear than anyone. That said, I do feel shitty about the fact that we play ND next year. Feels closer to home than it should.

All in all, happy for Sam hopefully making bank, but it does change my overall perception of where he fits in my Wake fandom and I’d imagine that goes for others too.

Mental health concerns is a good point.
College is one thing but going nfl where you magnify your fanbase to 32 teams, the more criticism. Make your money in college

What's interesting is will ND's defensive coaches spend time with Sam discussing our mesh before we play them. I mean he does play for ND so its not a pass the playbook thing like UL.

What's interesting is will ND's defensive coaches spend time with Sam discussing our mesh before we play them. I mean he does play for ND so its not a pass the playbook thing like UL.
He absolutely will help the defense on the slow mesh.

Stopping the slow mesh is not rocket science. Get penetration in the middle of the line and it blows up the offense. Now you’ve got to actually get the penetration.

Back