• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

USFL salary minimum (which is what most players make) is $5350 per week (XFL is $5K per week).

Not sure what the #1 pick would make, but guessing, Sam will make a lot more at ND if he has any success.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

You would have played had you stayed, so don't act like it was for "the opportunity".

Just say you wanted to be sure to bank the money and get seen on a bigger stage and hope to make more money in the NFL because of that.

Same. Seems like he was trying to find the classiest way to not put down Wake while also not saying it was the NIL money. He talked about it like it was his first job after graduating college which it is.

Having watched pro sports go from having players- big stars included- working jobs in the off season to survive to the mega millions players earn today, college sports no longer needs to pretend the money does not exist. It is okay to admit it, to say you play for pay, jockey for future business success and position, and are looking out for yourself. So go ahead and say it. Have absolutely no problem with Sam using free agency. Can't say I really like all of this, but with the huge dollars in college sports and affiliated enterprises i.e. the recruting industry, it is where we are. Sam has conducted himself well in this environment and has done nothing to disparage his time at Wake. He earned his way into playing for the big bucks. Hope he does well as an individual , hope team ND goes o-fer this year.

whether or not I pull for a guy that transferred away from Wake at their next school is purely a vibes decision and the vibes are saying Sam OUT

i am pulling for Sam, he did his job here and as mentioned after 5 years at Wake he wanted a change.

what am i missing ? the guy was at Wake for 5 years ? i was ready for a change after 4. what's the big deal ?
vibes aren't rational, windy

probs because it's notre dame and we play them -- if it was, like, Oregon or Texas or something, it might be different

Last edited:
what am i missing ? the guy was at Wake for 5 years ? i was ready for a change after 4. what's the big deal ?
He just wanted an opportunity to find a new opportunity, and this opportunity presented itself, and he couldn't pass on the opportunity to have one more opportunity. Did he mention he was just looking for an opportunity?

Back