• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

No. Newman got injured in the Louisville game in 2019. Hartman came in when we were trailing 55-38, he scored 3 TD's (2 pass and 1 rush) in the last 5 minutes. But we ended up losing 62-59 when we couldn't recover a final onside kick. Then the next week, Hartman started against FSU and threw for over 300 yards and we won with 5 FGs from Sciba.
The “lead us to bowl eligibility” thing threw me. We started 5-0 and were bowl eligible after the 7th game after FSU. I wouldn’t call that “leading us to bowl eligibility.” Newman really did lead us to bowl eligibility in 2018.

The Rams non-tendered Wolford last month. Wolford is not on the Rams roster; so, his chances of starting games this upcoming season seem remote.

Did you read the article?

“Wolford has been a viable fill-in option over the past three seasons when Matthew Stafford or Jared Goff has been injured, so it wouldn't be surprising to see the Rams bring Wolford back on a cheaper deal than his tender would have paid him.”

Yeah, I read it. The Rams may bring him back, which means they may not. Even if they do, that's a long way from "starting lots of games". He's currently not on their roster, and is free to sign with any NFL team without restriction.

The “lead us to bowl eligibility” thing threw me. We started 5-0 and were bowl eligible after the 7th game after FSU. I wouldn’t call that “leading us to bowl eligibility.” Newman really did lead us to bowl eligibility in 2018.

Fair enough. I just meant that it was the FSU game that was our 6th win that year. I remember that the media was making a big deal about it being the earliest Wake had ever been eligible. We were 6-1 at that point and of course we then lost 4 of our last 6 games.

that sounds plausible.
I know a College Baseball player getting north of $2M, so $1.5M for a QB with a chance to start at ND sounds fair

Why would a college spend money that way? Baseball doesn’t really produce any/much money for a college, does it?

Why would a college spend money that way? Baseball doesn’t really produce any/much money for a college, does it?
It isn't the colleges spending the money, though. If you have a wealthy alum that really likes baseball, maybe that person chooses to send money to the baseball players instead of to another team.

It isn't the colleges spending the money, though. If you have a wealthy alum that really likes baseball, maybe that person chooses to send money to the baseball players instead of to another team.

I mean, yeah I get that it’s not technically the college. You’d have to be really dedicated to a non revenue sport to want to win something that very very free people care about. But I think your angle makes the most sense. Sort of

I mean, yeah I get that it’s not technically the college. You’d have to be really dedicated to a non revenue sport to want to win something that very very free people care about. But I think your angle makes the most sense. Sort of
A buddy of mine who played soccer at Richmond had the men's soccer team disbanded to make room for a lacrosse team because one wealthy donor was a lacrosse fan so yeah I totally could see this happening with NIL money

Notre Dame Blue Gold game on 4/22 and will be televised in some places. I’m hoping Sam shows poise and has control of the offense. He did a lot for us and I want him to do well which I believe helps Wake and gives Mitch confidence.

The second Sam Hartman entered the transfer portal last December it appeared he was headed to be Notre Dame’s next starting quarterback. It’s funny how things work though. Since Hartman committed to Notre Dame it seems safe to say that he remains the favorite to be the Fighting Irish signal caller against Navy in late August, but he hasn’t been that much better than Tyler Buchner to make an announcement worthwhile yet.

https://sports.yahoo.com/notre-dame-football-good-bad-221250413.html

A buddy of mine who played soccer at Richmond had the men's soccer team disbanded to make room for a lacrosse team because one wealthy donor was a lacrosse fan so yeah I totally could see this happening with NIL money
And the guy's kid didn't even end up going to Richmond and played lacrosse somewhere else. My wife is a Spider and loves telling that story.

And the guy's kid didn't even end up going to Richmond and played lacrosse somewhere else. My wife is a Spider and loves telling that story.
Did the wealthy donor still give the money? If so, that is all that matters to most ADs.

Back