• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

That is so freaking true. Dave’s had a tough year, but I love our coach’s frankness. I thought the same thing when they played that song Saturday. Sam was just a hired gun to them, nothing more. I don’t blame Sam, he gave us all we could ask, he’s not at fault for the system, but I guarantee Sam had a lot more true friends, hell brothers, wearing black and gold last Saturday then blue and gold.

That is so freaking true. Dave’s had a tough year, but I love our coach’s frankness. I thought the same thing when they played that song Saturday. Sam was just a hired gun to them, nothing more. I don’t blame Sam, he gave us all we could ask, he’s not at fault for the system, but I guarantee Sam had a lot more true friends, hell brothers, wearing black and gold last Saturday then blue and gold.
Sam was the last senior on the field during senior day activities and he got the largest ovation of all of the seniors and maybe the largest part of that was from the small contingent of Wake fans sitting up in the corner of section 114.

I guess I’m unique here in that I’m prepared to love the hell out of grad transfer QB who can get Wake football back on track.
Right on Ph, we can play “I will always love you” on his Senior Day too!!!:love:

Not exactly.

In basketball WF brings in guys from Delaware, Indiana State and C. Michigan; or, WF brings guys who sat on the bench at Gonzaga and UCLA.

In football, ND bought through the transfer portal the leading passer in ACC and WF history. Oklahoma bought a three starter from WF's DL.

Even as solid as WF MBB has in finding guys in the portal, Hunter Dickinson was never considering WF; that's what ND did with Sam.

Goes well beyond Sam. Reality is college sports is no longer a team sport as now every man is out for himself and trying to improve their situation with the next best school that will help their brand and NIL opportunities. Hard for a school to “love” any player/team when you know most every player except the few true student athletes are out for their own and not really looking to sacrifice for other teammates and the school. cant imagine how tough it is for coaches now trying to manage so many competing priorities/personalities along with the natural division competing NIL $s brings, as well as even building relationships with players when they likely aren’t in it for the long haul.

Not exactly.

In basketball WF brings in guys from Delaware, Indiana State and C. Michigan; or, WF brings guys who sat on the bench at Gonzaga and UCLA.

In football, ND bought through the transfer portal the leading passer in ACC and WF history. Oklahoma bought a three starter from WF's DL.

Even as solid as WF MBB has in finding guys in the portal, Hunter Dickinson was never considering WF; that's what ND did with Sam.

Hartman was going to go pro otherwise. ND didn’t steal him from Wake. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if Clawson had a legit successor in place.

Bad look here from Clawson. We must embrace the modern landscape. Not bitch about it like an old WF kappa sig.

“Back when I was at Wake Forest…”.

Not good.
You can absolutely hate the modern landscape but still play it too. They aren’t mutually exclusive

Let's go out and "rent" a hotshot I-AA or DII/DIII QB for this upcoming season. I'm on board.

Aaron Syverson (QB at D3 - St. Johns Univ., MN)
270/395 passing - 3,436 yards. 45 TDs, 6 Ints.
Senior

Sounds like a good candidate for a grad transfer year.

Not exactly.

I don’t understand the difference from Wake taking the best players from schools like ISU and ND taking the best players from schools like Wake.

Sam is so good looking he rode in on a white horse to lead ND to a likely 9-3 regular season. ImhappyforUorsorrythathappened.gif

This comment from Clawson is directly in line with the thinking of Wake Forest alums.

We are stuck in the 1980s. We suck because we suck.

Back