• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Goes well beyond Sam. Reality is college sports is no longer a team sport as now every man is out for himself and trying to improve their situation with the next best school that will help their brand and NIL opportunities. Hard for a school to “love” any player/team when you know most every player except the few true student athletes are out for their own and not really looking to sacrifice for other teammates and the school. cant imagine how tough it is for coaches now trying to manage so many competing priorities/personalities along with the natural division competing NIL $s brings, as well as even building relationships with players when they likely aren’t in it for the long haul.
By no means am I saying we shouldn't continue to try and compete at the highest level which includes NIL and transfers, but I really enjoyed watching the Harvard-Yale game this past Saturday on t.v., along with the over 50K in attendance. And I will be in attendance at a h.s. playoff game on Friday which features an undefeated and a one-loss team (and w/o t.v. timeouts will be over in 2 hrs. 15 min. max), along with the usual slate of NFL games than end in the 3 hr. range.

Aaron Syverson (QB at D3 - St. Johns Univ., MN)
270/395 passing - 3,436 yards. 45 TDs, 6 Ints.
Senior

Sounds like a good candidate for a grad transfer year.
Also a great grad QB from Holy Cross in the portal

I don’t understand the difference from Wake taking the best players from schools like ISU and ND taking the best players from schools like Wake.
I don’t assume we’re paying them a million to come here but I could be wrong.

From a ND perspective they paid big for Sam and gave him a chance to play at a higher level. Sam got a lot more out of this than ND as again they will miss the CFB playoff and a New Years six bowl game which is what defines success for their fan base.

From a ND perspective they paid big for Sam and gave him a chance to play at a higher level. Sam got a lot more out of this than ND as again they will miss the CFB playoff and a New Years six bowl game which is what defines success for their fan base.
Heartbreaking.

Yet they still love Hartman.

Can we get a pin at the top separate from recruiting. Needs to be divided into high school recruits, recruiting current players, and buying players from other places.

Back