• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

There's a lot of schools who want sam, we only play 12 schools, and probably only 2-3 are on the shortlist of potentially getting him. And he chose one of them. Bring it on, time to force those 5 ints in a game that have caused us to pull our hair out.

FWIW, the offensive point totals against the common opponents was essentially identical:

WF scored 167
ND scored 166

ND surrendered 70 points in those game
WF surrendered 137 against those same opponents.

Time for Ruggiero to step it up...

I’ll go on the record. Hope Sam does well and leads his team to victories except against us.

It’s not like he was a 2 year star player and said he was staying only to make the money grab and set back the program for several years.

From everything I’ve seen Sam was all in on wake for 5 years. People need to grow up. Money and media exposure are more than enough reason to move on even if people don’t like his choice.

I don’t understand how hard it is for those who keep yelling at everyone about how great Sam is to see that no one is begrudging him for his decision. Again, he can do what he wants. So can other people and if people don’t want to start rooting for Notre Dame then that’s fine. We are WF fans and alums and we root for WF. Not Notre Dame.

I don’t understand how hard it is for those who keep yelling at everyone about how great Sam is to see that no one is begrudging him for his decision. Again, he can do what he wants. So can other people and if people don’t want to start rooting for Notre Dame then that’s fine. We are WF fans and alums and we root for WF. Not Notre Dame.
It’s one thing to say you are not going to root for Notre dame. It’s another thing to say Sam is ruining his legacy and won’t be a wake forest legend anymore. That’s some dumb shit.

Guys, none of it really matters. College athletics - especially college football - is so screwed up now that you are approving/disapproving of something that is so completely messed up that it renders it all worthless. Just go to a game, tailgate and have a good time tailgating. Then go in and sit down and clap some and leave. Pull for your team but know that they (whoever happens to be on the field that season) didn't win or lose the way you're used to it happening. It's completely unrecognizable. Go home, grill a steak and drink a beer, and hit the sack.

Sam can go take the bag, he should go take the bag. He is choosing to take that bag (there are others available, be sure of that) on a team that plays wake. No true wake forest legend can ever play against Wake. He did great things, but he can't go down as one of our all time greats, he's an opponent. Kick his fucking ass.
Actually I am pretty sure Bones played against us, and he’s one of The True Wake Forest Legends. I know what you mean, though. We need to get over it.

Sam can go take the bag, he should go take the bag. He is choosing to take that bag (there are others available, be sure of that) on a team that plays wake. No true wake forest legend can ever play against Wake. He did great things, but he can't go down as one of our all time greats, he's an opponent. Kick his fucking ass.

WTF

I love WFU. I like Hartman. I don't like Notre Dame.

I don't want Wake players leaving Wake to play for other programs that are perceived to be better. But my frustration here lies more with the perception of Wake than anything else. Perhaps we have earned that perception, so I hope we continue to improve so that players want to leave other schools to play for Wake, not vice versa.

I love WFU. I like Hartman. I don't like Notre Dame.

I don't want Wake players leaving Wake to play for other programs that are perceived to be better. But my frustration here lies more with the perception of Wake than anything else. Perhaps we have earned that perception, so I hope we continue to improve so that players want to leave other schools to play for Wake, not vice versa.
I don’t think that’s the case in this situation. I think it is purely about the NIL cash.

I don’t think that’s the case in this situation. I think it is purely about the NIL cash.
I can almost guarantee that there was NIL money available to Sam at Wake if he (and the coaches) wanted to stay.

I do as well. But that is not what is being reported nationally.

There's a belief among the scouts that playing in a pro-style system would benefit Hartman's NFL projection after playing in Wake Forest's successful but unconventional slow mesh system.

I can almost guarantee that there was NIL money available to Sam at Wake if he (and the coaches) wanted to stay.
Like I said, if it turns out we were anywhere close to his notre Dame nil offer than I’d be a lot more upset with the situation. But I doubt that’s the case. And I think everyone was pretty much in agreement that nil cash should be spent elsewhere anyway.

Like I said, if it turns out we were anywhere close to his notre Dame nil offer than I’d be a lot more upset with the situation. But I doubt that’s the case. And I think everyone was pretty much in agreement that nil cash should be spent elsewhere anyway.
If so, I hope RTQ (or someone) comes out and says it. Hell, all these NIL numbers are made up. Someone can say whatever they want.

Guys, none of it really matters. College athletics - especially college football - is so screwed up now that you are approving/disapproving of something that is so completely messed up that it renders it all worthless. Just go to a game, tailgate and have a good time tailgating. Then go in and sit down and clap some and leave. Pull for your team but know that they (whoever happens to be on the field that season) didn't win or lose the way you're used to it happening. It's completely unrecognizable. Go home, grill a steak and drink a beer, and hit the sack.
Basketball is a lot worse than football. Much worse. WF develops football players and has about 5% transfer turnover. Basketball, on the other hand…

First off - I come in peace...

Irish fan here that is super excited about the prospect of adding SH to the roster. He is the missing piece for an ND program that has had good to great talent everywhere but the QB position as of late. I am curious about some of your comments in this thread about him having meltdown games. Is that performance or attitude?

Oh, and if ND is really paying him $3 million I would be ecstatic with that. ND has lost out on a number of players that have stated NIL is a factor for them choosing somewhere else.

Back